Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    fuk i said it was 1.0

did anyone else put 1.0
    yeah it was 1.0 coz it more close to that line so i kinda rounded it to 1.0 x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemdweeb1234)
    For the drawing conclusions one... i said that from the given infromation it is not possible to make any valid conclusions because
    1) Not enough variable controls - we only know that gender was controlled.... what about age? etc
    2) The data may not be reliable enough because we don't know how many repeats were done... perhaps more repeats were needed and that a statistical test of some sort can assess the significance of the data

? think that may be wrong tho... thoughts?
    i just wrote that it makes one thing increase and the other decrease fml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naima100)
    um hormones in plants surely are not electrical, they don't have a CNS unlike animal hormones
    soz i meant CHEMICAL i was typing fast so didnt realise x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paolat)
    yeah it was 1.0 coz it more close to that line so i kinda rounded it to 1.0 x
    idk it wasn't on the line so I just said 0.9

ReputationRep:
    idk it wasn't on the line so I just said 0.9
    I said 0.9 too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memomemootoo)
    i just wrote that it makes one thing increase and the other decrease fml
    they both increased, but the amount of increase varied at 50 and 100bpm

ReputationRep:
    woah didn't even consider that, there goes another 2 marks :/
    you're probably right cause it was a very small sample as well, so maybe bigger sample size needed for reliability.
    i just summarised the table SHOOT.
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please put an unofficial mark scheme with the paper!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insertcoinhere)
    yee I also put 1.0 i hope theres a range
    its 0.75 for the top one and 1 for the bottom, there is no range because all you do is take away the old value from the new value and divide that by the old value...i have no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    ok question WHERE THE HELL IS THIS ON OUR SYLLABUS?!
    what, hydrolysis of a polypeptide, hmmm, well that thing called the biology book..

ReputationRep:
    i said it hydrolyses the peptide bonds ... anyone else write this?
    yup, its right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yagmurainie)
    Why does reactions of benzene take place at anhydrous conditions?
    loooooool, this is a biology thread mate..

ReputationRep:
    In the article questions, what did people write for the '3 ways in which athletes may use illegal drugs' question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swagger_Buck)
    loooooool, this is a biology thread mate..
    I'll think you find they realised this after they'd written this :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by you-belong-with-me)
    What immune response did we have to describe for the AAV question?
    and did anyone else go on about fluid mosaic when they asked for the structure of the motor neurone?
    AND how many marks would i lose for the last question because i said the mother was homozygous recessive and the father a carrier, so i ended up with 50% chance
    and what was the question about Habituation cos i cant remember it nw.
    25 % chance if you did your diagram correctly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyslut27)
    I swear it increased? :O I got 0.8 - 1.6 and then 1.0 to 2.0 ... That's deffo an increase but it depends which way you look at it.

CHANGE can be represented with a negative. If final - intitial = negative thern theres a decrease but with this one i think most would have instictively gone for 7as ititial seeing as this is the usual pH of a body cell.

If your numbers are right you may still get the marks .. might well say ignore negatives. It's not a maths exam afterall!
    im pretty sure it was 0.8 to 1.4....

ReputationRep:
    fuk i said it was 1.0

did anyone else put 1.0
    yeh i put 1, i was conseidering puttin 0.99 but i though nah cba 1 will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ButtonNose)
    This exam annoyed me! It really wasn't all that synoptic and they didn't ask questions on all the other topics that I knew so well
    Let's hope grade boundaries are low, I did SO much waffling and writing everything I could possibly think of to scrounge for marks!
    I did this as well! Just so I could get a couple of marks as the questions, i thought, were quite ambigous and I was like what aswer do you want from me?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemdweeb1234)
    For the drawing conclusions one... i said that from the given infromation it is not possible to make any valid conclusions because
    1) Not enough variable controls - we only know that gender was controlled.... what about age? etc
    2) The data may not be reliable enough because we don't know how many repeats were done... perhaps more repeats were needed and that a statistical test of some sort can assess the significance of the data

? think that may be wrong tho... thoughts?
    I said that oxygen uptake into the blood is far more dependent on heart rates, and the rate of blood flow through the lungs, than ventilation rate.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    All I'm saying is for half of the questions I had no idea what the hell I was talking about. I dropped so many marks. Fml. If the grade boundaries aren't low I'm not going to be very impressed -.-

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.