Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i didn't start it yet

ReputationRep:
    heyhow long did it take you to revise unit5? do you think 5 hrs is enough?

ReputationRep:
    How do I revise for question 7? (The Article Question). I find the whole pre-released article idea confusing, are we supposed to study it in detail? or is reading it enough?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=19941994;37932191]
    (Original post by aqua05)

ok thanks would there be a copy online of that guide?
    i dont know :/
    I have it in hard copy

ReputationRep:
    can someone please tell me what exactly are we suppose to know for the muscle sliding filament and the ligaments/tendons,etc ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irreplaceable me)
    heyhow long did it take you to revise unit5? do you think 5 hrs is enough?
    well it is not hard but it need alot of revision and memorisiation
    for me i left for unit 5 a week before the exam for revision and preparing for the article....
    so i think revising a couple of days before the exam is very imp....
    gd luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara.KS)
    How do I revise for question 7? (The Article Question). I find the whole pre-released article idea confusing, are we supposed to study it in detail? or is reading it enough?
    u have to discuss it with ur teacher in order to prepare some expected qu. also study the chapter of excersise and read the AS notes as there will be synoptic qu
    the topic of the article is uite easy and i think it easier than the one of jan...
    gd luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghogho)
    u have to discuss it with ur teacher in order to prepare some expected qu. also study the chapter of excersise and read the AS notes as there will be synoptic qu
    the topic of the article is uite easy and i think it easier than the one of jan...
    gd luck
    Thanks I guess, that helps! Problem is I'm running out of time, I've got loads of other exams... Gd luck 2 u 2!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i was just wondering... is reading the cgp revision guide for unit 5 bio enough? Coz I was checking the spe ification & they have written everything which is needed..but im not sure what to do... should I read both the green book &the cgp one or its okay if I just read the cgp book?

ReputationRep:
    well it is not hard but it need alot of revision and memorisiation
    for me i left for unit 5 a week before the exam for revision and preparing for the article....
    so i think revising a couple of days before the exam is very imp....
    gd luck
    Hey you said you revised a week before unit 5, what grade did you get if you dont mind me asking? And also how do you revise? Do you just read over and make notes or past papers? Thanks!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    hey does anyone know how much we need to know for the human eye? like do we need to know and be able to label parts of the eye or just the role of the retins and rods/cones?

ReputationRep:
    im getting confused, i do the SNAB course but looking at the specification it seems like a lot of the things in the book arent necessary like knowing testosterone and doping, it says we just need to now how the hormones and transcription factors work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19941994)
    hey does anyone know how much we need to know for the human eye? like do we need to know and be able to label parts of the eye or just the role of the retins and rods/cones?
    Parts of the eye, the structure of the rods and cons, the nerve impulse pathway(whole procedure ie bleaching,etc), the response of the eye to bright & dim light. That's it.. well that's what I think

ReputationRep:
    Howre you guys preparing for the article? That really worries me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqua05)
    Parts of the eye, the structure of the rods and cons, the nerve impulse pathway(whole procedure ie bleaching,etc), the response of the eye to bright & dim light. That's it.. well that's what I think
    Oh ok thanks was wondering if i could miss out the parts of the eye but its probably safer to learn it lol

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got access to the January 2010 paper? I can only get June 2010, January 2011, June 2011 and I've already done January 2012 so won't be doing it a second time. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think this exam is disgustingly hard..

In Jan 2012, Grade Boundaries were out of 90 and...

65 - A*
    59 - A
    53 - B
    48 - C

They're pretty low but the 5 mark questions I struggle to get more than 3 on..

Hows everyone else finding it :/ ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19941994)
    Hey you said you revised a week before unit 5, what grade did you get if you dont mind me asking? And also how do you revise? Do you just read over and make notes or past papers? Thanks!

hey i still didnt take the exam im taking it this session..... i schedualed for myself to revise a week before the exam... my revising way is to read the notes all over again and solve all the pastpapers and finally read the examiners report it is very very important that makes u knw the problems of the previous candidates and how to avoid it
    best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know which core practicals are likely to come up in this paper?

ReputationRep:
    hey i still didnt take the exam im taking it this session..... i schedualed for myself to revise a week before the exam... my revising way is to read the notes all over again and solve all the pastpapers and finally read the examiners report it is very very important that makes u knw the problems of the previous candidates and how to avoid it
    best of luck
    Oh ok thank you! Can you find the examiners report on the edexcel website?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 30, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.