Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uberuvy)
    Unit 5 mate
    Thats a relief. Thanks. I should have realised as he said there were 5 papers but unit 6 only had 3.

I'm glad they're only 40 marks it will make it less daunting when I sit down to do one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uberuvy)
    ADP+Pi is removed from the myosin head inorder to get it to nod forwards near the beginning of the cycle.
    ATP recombines to the myosin head nearer to the end of the cycle so the head can detach from the myosin binding site on the actin.
    Thanks man, i got it now! The function of ATP and ADP+Pi in muscle contraction is to bring about a change in shape of myosin head!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i got one question............how does fMRI work?

ReputationRep:
    Ok now my birthday is over i need to start hardcore revision for this unit. I'm going to dedicate myself to this thread now!
    BTW Respiration & Muscles is now completed!

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it so hard to commit the topic 8 stuff to memory :/
    The brain regions on the spec only relate it to the ability to see, think, feel emotions and learn, and you'd think that you had to associate one with each lobe, but I'm at a loss as to which is which. Obviously occipital is too see, but couldn't frontal cover all the rest?
    Help appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidrah)
    Just finished the mind map for topic 7, so if thats useful to anyone, I'll work on the topic 8 one when I next get a chance, hopefully tomorrow.
    I've uploaded it as pdf, so that the formatting wouldn't get messed up, hope thats ok :/
    This really helped!! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbanharally1)
    This really helped!! Thanks
    You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redraindrop)
    hey guys, i have these exam questions for any of you who want to practice:woo:
    Thank you so much!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just finished the mind map for topic 7, so if thats useful to anyone, I'll work on the topic 8 one when I next get a chance, hopefully tomorrow.
    I've uploaded it as pdf, so that the formatting wouldn't get messed up, hope thats ok :/
    You are an absolute life-saver with these mind-maps!!! The topic 7 one has been a huge help, is the topic 8 one on here yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunner_girl)
    You are an absolute life-saver with these mind-maps!!! The topic 7 one has been a huge help, is the topic 8 one on here yet??
    Still revising it myself, so haven't managed to get round to typing up my mind map, I will definitely try and get it done after I've been through the spec again myself though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuvo_roy)
    It measures the activity in brain regions by measuring blood flow. Erm... think it works in a similar way to MRI.

ReputationRep:
    Still revising it myself, so haven't managed to get round to typing up my mind map, I will definitely try and get it done after I've been through the spec again myself though.
    OK thank you so much!!! I literally have no idea how to revise for biology!!

ReputationRep:
    It's mostly just going through the specification until you've got it completely memorised, and then as many questions as you can find.. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuvo_roy)
    Can be used to see what parts of brain are controlling function.
    Increased neural activity --> increased O2 demand --> increase in oxyhaemoglobin level --> decrease in absorption of radio waves.

ReputationRep:
    It's mostly just going through the specification until you've got it completely memorised, and then as many questions as you can find.. lol
    Indeed. The only things they can ask you are the points in the spec, so just write out the answers to every point on the spec and you'll be fine. That's what I do, quite an effort but worth it. And then there's the whole synoptic-with-other-units thing but I try to ignore that >_>

ReputationRep:
    On page 3 of this thread, someone posted a document of possible questions. Has anyone come up with answers for them? If so can you PM them to me please??? It would be a great help...! Thanks =)

ReputationRep:
    hey can some gv me sm questions pls !!!!

ReputationRep:
    The green student book says,
    Deoxyhaemoglobin absorbs the radiowave signal and later re-emits it, while oxyhaemoglobin does not. When an area of the brain is active, the blood flow to that area increases and more oxyhaemoglobin is delivered to supply the active cells with the oxygen they need from aerobic respiration. Less of the signal is absorbed as a result.
    But, isn't amount of deoxyhaemoglobin increases when oxyhaemoglobin is more...and so shouldn't more of the signal be absorbed when the brain is active?

ReputationRep:
    this is to anyone doing edexcel chemistry unit 5. Are you learning the chemical reactions of Phenol e.g. pages 251 -254 in George Facers Book??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbob21)
    this is to anyone doing edexcel chemistry unit 5. Are you learning the chemical reactions of Phenol e.g. pages 251 -254 in George Facers Book??
    Pretty sure this is a biology thread..... :rolleyes:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.