Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know the anatomy and functions of different parts of the eyeball? There's lots of diagrams of it in the books but it's not actually on the spec. Has it come up in past papers before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britchick)
    Do we need to know the anatomy and functions of different parts of the eyeball? There's lots of diagrams of it in the books but it's not actually on the spec. Has it come up in past papers before?
    im not sure the answer but i wouldnt go by whats been on past papers coz theres a limited supply of our syllabus and theres only 6qs per paper so its not gonna be like maths/chem where they ask the same stuff...annoyingly :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britchick)
    no u dnt really have to learn that!
    all what u have to knw about the eye is the rods and cones in details and the eye labelling is known from the o levels but it didnt come up in any exam before.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghogho)
    did u try the download the free trial of media fire!
    yeaah but still wont let me do it i think its because i havent got the programme that lets me view the files! Im trying to get hold of an old teacher to see if they can email it to me, the idea of going into that exam without doing all of the past papers makes me panick haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8551amy)
    yeaah but still wont let me do it i think its because i havent got the programme that lets me view the files! Im trying to get hold of an old teacher to see if they can email it to me, the idea of going into that exam without doing all of the past papers makes me panick haha!
    aha okay
    if u want u can send me ur email and i will email to u the pdf copy i have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dixie)
    im not sure the answer but i wouldnt go by whats been on past papers coz theres a limited supply of our syllabus and theres only 6qs per paper so its not gonna be like maths/chem where they ask the same stuff...annoyingly :/
    Eurgh I HATE how there's the whole article thingy, and that it takes up a whole 1/3 of the paper. Was looking through my AS notes which are all rubbish! Think I'm gonna concentrate mostly on the proper Unit 5 stuff. What proportion of Unit 1/2/4 stuff do they ask in the article section compared to Unit 5 questions in the article section, do you know?

no u dnt really have to learn that!
    all what u have to knw about the eye is the rods and cones in details and the eye labelling is known from the o levels but it didnt come up in any exam before.....
    Okay good that's what I was thinking! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    aha okay
    if u want u can send me ur email and i will email to u the pdf copy i have
    its [email protected]
    thankyou sooooooooooo much!! do you have the mark scheme aswel by any chance ??

ReputationRep:
    pple im starting to get angry and boared of studying and still got alooooot to do :X
    wat on earth am i supose to do :mad:

ReputationRep:
    its [email protected]
    thankyou sooooooooooo much!! do you have the mark scheme aswel by any chance ??
    ya i will send u the qu ppr the markschem and the examiner report
    wish that u will be able to know

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know how to revise for Unit 5 now! especially after the that unit 4 exam. if they don't ask me about biology in the unit 5 exam i swear edexcel has some explaining to do. because i revised hardcore for the unit 4 exam remembering details behind the biology part of it...and that paper was just a mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priyapatel)
    I don't even know how to revise for Unit 5 now! especially after the that unit 4 exam. if they don't ask me about biology in the unit 5 exam i swear edexcel has some explaining to do. because i revised hardcore for the unit 4 exam remembering details behind the biology part of it...and that paper was just a mess.
    forget about unit 4 and concentrate on unit 5 be optimistic and do ur duties
    and im sure they exam will be okay

ReputationRep:
    just wanted to let you guys no that ive managed to finally get the file open on pdf, so if anybody needs it in that format let me no and i can send it to u

ReputationRep:
    just wanted to let you guys no that ive managed to finally get the file open on pdf, so if anybody needs it in that format let me no and i can send it to u
    what file?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wam-bam)
    what file?
    hahahah jan 12

ReputationRep:
    hahahah jan 12
    oh okay, thanks no worries

ReputationRep:
    Finaaaaaaallly ;D

ReputationRep:
    over the mooon!!

ReputationRep:
    im actually crying from NOW!!!!!!!!!! : ((
    can u imagine that i just figured out that i had incomplete notes and there are new important notes im must learn NW plus i have to solve the pastpapers and practice on the article and read the examiner reports
    i totally dnt know when to do all that ????????????!!!!!!!!!!

oh btw h was ur exam yesterday?
    I will send you some notes tomorrow. They are complete and according the spec.
    Don't worry. I hope this exam goes well for all of you. You guys remind me of the days when I was preparing for this exam last year - got 116/120 and then got it remarked and it increased to 118/120!

Any tips or help needed, feel free to quote me. I will also post up some scientific article preparation tips. I hope you guys have got some predicted questions. Last year, we found an extensive set of notes online by Sir Valentine Redden (I don't know who he is but, he is an awesome biology teacher) and most of the questions in the exam were similar to them! Try to search some predicted questions by Sir V. Redden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M Kh)
    Don't worry. I hope this exam goes well for all of you. You guys remind me of the days when I was preparing for this exam last year - got 116/120 and then got it remarked and it increased to 118/120!

Any tips or help needed, feel free to quote me. I will also post up some scientific article preparation tips. I hope you guys have got some predicted questions. Last year, we found an extensive set of notes online by Sir Valentine Redden (I don't know who he is but, he is an awesome biology teacher) and most of the questions in the exam were similar to them! Try to search some predicted questions by Sir V. Redden.
    dyu know what raw mark you got??
    and i really dont know how to revise for the pre release coz theres so many questions on here that people have suggested but ive got limited time and so kinda confused about the best way to revise and get the best grade, lol i need like 113 in this exam :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M Kh)

Hey 118/120 is amazing well done! Did you firstly memorise everything then do past papers? Is the only way to prepare for the pre release guessing and answering questions? Finally (sorry about the questions lol) did you go over units 1, 2 and 4 before the exam? I feel like I need to do all of the above but wont have enough time before friday! :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.