Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys;
    was wondering if you could help me out;
    the unit 5 exam for biology includes the scientific article and questions on that right? So do we get a seperate time period for solely answering questions on Run For Life and the brain chapter and THEN a whole new time period for the scientific article or is it all in one big fat go?
    If it's all just one big fat chunk, does anyone know how much time roughly we should spend on the Q's and then go on to the scientific article? If anyone knows, it would help me out because I seem to always run out of time on biology papers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChristinaT)
    Hey guys;
    the unit 5 exam for biology includes the scientific article and questions on that right? So do we get a seperate time period for solely answering questions on Run For Life and the brain chapter and THEN a whole new time period for the scientific article or is it all in one big fat go?
    If it's all just one big fat chunk, does anyone know how much time roughly we should spend on the Q's and then go on to the scientific article? If anyone knows, it would help me out because I seem to always run out of time on biology papers!
    Pretty sure its just one big chunk. Seeing as the synoptic element of the exam is worth a 1/3 of the total marks you should spend 1/3 of your time on it. So an hour on the questions and then half an hour on the synoptic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChristinaT)
    Hey guys;
    The papers out of 90 marks and 1/3 of the marks are related to the article; so 30 marks for the article and 60 marks for topics 7 and 8. Spend about 60-65mins on the topic 7 and 8 questions and then 25-30 mins on the article; thats what I plan to do anyway. Hopefully I get through the topic 7 and 8 questions quicker so I can spend more time on the article questions.

ReputationRep:
    I havent even STARTED the article. Am i as doomed as i feel?

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or do otehrs feel that there is alot to take in from this unit. This is my second time going through the book but im still finding it difficult to remember some of the stuff as theres just far too much, not to even mention the synoptic.
    How are others coping?

(Original post by kappleberry)
    Well if you've nearly finished revising for unit 7 and 8 then you should have enough time for the synoptic. However if your yet to start then time is not on your side :p:
    But im feeling slightly doomed myself as it is and ive been revising for some time now.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys can any one give me some more practice questions !!

ReputationRep:
    ahh, wonderful, thank youu uberuvy and van der waals!

ReputationRep:
    guys help me pls gv me some questions !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidrah)
    Just finished the mind map for topic 7, so if thats useful to anyone, I'll work on the topic 8 one when I next get a chance, hopefully tomorrow.
    I've uploaded it as pdf, so that the formatting wouldn't get messed up, hope thats ok :/

hey what about Topic 8 !! please can you give that also !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uberuvy)

Well if you've nearly finished revising for unit 7 and 8 then you should have enough time for the synoptic. However if your yet to start then time is not on your side :p:
    But im feeling slightly doomed myself as it is and ive been revising for some time now.
    Ive finished revising for topic 7 and 8. So yay, thank God!

How can i revise for the article, I knw i should really know that much, but our teachers just about managed to give us a copy of the article through email let alone explain it to us. Im so CONFUSED!

ReputationRep:
    Also, would anyone be able to send me a copy of the spec? And everything we're basically expected to know? Thank You

ReputationRep:
    How can i revise for the article, I knw i should really know that much, but our teachers just about managed to give us a copy of the article through email let alone explain it to us. Im so CONFUSED!
    Hmmm. I'd print that off if you can, it's useful having a physical copy... what I've done is read through it once, read through it again and highlight all the important stuff and then just summarise all the important points on paper, so you don't need to read the whole thing through every time. Takes a while but it's probably worth it :p:

Also, would anyone be able to send me a copy of the spec? And everything we're basically expected to know? Thank You
    http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu...4%20250510.pdf

Go down to page 68/72

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swaying Eel)

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu...4%20250510.pdf

Go down to page 68/72
    Thankyuuus =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterejhamilton)
    Pretty sure this is a biology thread..... :rolleyes:
    Lay off him you douchebag. Chemistry is far more of a mans subject than crappy biology, hence he has the right to invade any thread he pleases :rolleyes:

-rep

ReputationRep:
    Im trying to get through everything in topics 7 & 8 before I move onto the article. Could anyone help me unerstand how to calculate heart rate? Its in the snab textbook on page 163. But i'm still a bit dazed :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redraindrop)
    hey guys, i have these exam questions for any of you who want to practice:woo:
    Thank you so much, these are a load of help!
    :woo:

out've rep, will do so 2mrww =]

ReputationRep:
    If you work through the questions I posted up and the other resources on here, you should be alright for the article.

ReputationRep:
    3rd set of questions about the pre-release material, coming up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dush_2)
    hey what about Topic 8 !! please can you give that also !!!
    I've still got to change it from hand written to typed up version.

ReputationRep:
    time to look at the article for the first time... and continue with biology revision. :facepalm2:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 30, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.