Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    dont worry, last week i didnt know what a Genome was...
    i still can't define genome LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M Kh)
    Please like this page: http://www.facebook.com/6bio4

Let the world know about Edexcel's mistakes. We need more likers. Share this page with everyone. Tell your school friends and fellows about it.
    I ask for this favour.
    Please don't ignore this.
    why what happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omar1994)
    i still can't define genome LOL
    OMG you couldve just said "who doesnt know that... Pfft" lol but you'll need to know that because there is a bit on the human genome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadzzdan)
    dont worry, last week i didnt know what a Genome was...
    Not as bad as my mate, taking economics unit 4 today. Im not sure if you know anything about it, but he didnt know what inflation was (a really really really basic concept) , like being unaware of what an artery is in biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rudizzy123)
    Not as bad as my mate, taking economics unit 4 today. Im not sure if you know anything about it, but he didnt know what inflation was (a really really really basic concept) , like being unaware of what an artery is in biology.
    hahaha revision does mind **** you sometimes... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    SNAB can go **** itself up the arse with a rake.. ¬.¬
    Needless to say I'm not looking forward to this exam.

ReputationRep:
    Guys i put some links to notes up on the last page or before that. Might want to take a look, they might help.

ReputationRep:
    hope this helps
    Thanks (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d_94)
    Thanks (:
    no problem, feel free to quote me for questions or actual PPQs with MS.

ReputationRep:
    hope this helps
    Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    What's with the 'that exam was a disgrace' facebook? Jeez what are edexcel supposed to do? The exam boards are under a lot of pressure to make the exams less repetitive and more about testing ability than testing how well someone's memorized past mark schemes. If the exam is hard the boundaries will be slightly lower anyway.

But anyway I'm sure there'll be loads of bizarre context in the mod 5 exam to look forward to lol

ReputationRep:
    But anyway I'm sure there'll be loads of bizarre context in the mod 5 exam to look forward to lol
    don't say that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wasting-time)
    What's with the 'that exam was a disgrace' facebook? Jeez what are edexcel supposed to do? The exam boards are under a lot of pressure to make the exams less repetitive and more about testing ability than testing how well someone's memorized past mark schemes. If the exam is hard the boundaries will be slightly lower anyway.

If you took the unit 4 exam last week then you'd be joining the facebook page as well. You didnt sit the exam so you cant say anything about it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

ReputationRep:
    okay definately dont have time to read synoptic **** so i might just read topic 1-6 from the revision guides and just read carefullt the synoptic things that come in the article, is that a really bad idea? lol im losing my **** here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wasting-time)

Who are you to know since you did not take the exam last week You have no say in this -____-

ReputationRep:
    guys i didnt sit the exam for unit 4 (thank god i gave it in jan ) what happened ??!! tell me details !! lol

ReputationRep:
    bang him fam

ReputationRep:
    ok a question ?! does the hormone bind to a transcrption factor or binds to a receptor and this complex ACTS as a transcription factor ??! WA...?!

ReputationRep:
    Guys i put some links to notes up on the last page or before that. Might want to take a look, they might help.
    Thanks! you're so kind

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain different types of synapses please? im reading the CGP and student book but not getting anywhere. thanks
    there arent any TYPES of synapses, its just the way impulses are collected over a synapse thats different.

one is spatial summation in this two or three presynaptic memebrane synapse with only a single post synaptic membrane , so impulses from all the three pre ones are merged and thus the chances of action potential formation in the post synaptic memebrane increases (this is what happens when 2 or 3 rod cells converge with a single bipolar neurone)

and then there temporal summation, in this the situation is simple : one post and pre synaptic membrane, but the frequency of action potential in pre synaptic neurone is so high that a lot of neurotransmitter may be released in less amount of time so this also increases chances of adequate depolarisation in the post synaptic membrane.
    thats it

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.