Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iesians)
    WTH !! you dont have the article ??! didnt your school provide oyu ??!?! SUE THEM !!
    Is the pre-released material the same with the article? If not, what's different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mithrans)
    Is the pre-released material the same with the article? If not, what's different?
    The pre-release material is the article :P

ReputationRep:
    The pre release material is the article

ReputationRep:
    hey guys this diagram in the biology textbook labels it as rods and cones, which is the rods (blu ones?) and which are the cones(???)
    pleeeaassse hellllllpppp!!!!!
    rods and cones image.docx
    thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hetty123)
    hey guys this diagram in the biology textbook labels it as rods and cones, which is the rods (blu ones?) and which are the cones(???)
    thanks in advance
    The upper one is the rod (it's thicker) and the 3 lower ones are the cones.

ReputationRep:
    Well it can be clearly seen that page 95 in the CGP Guide is biased!!!

ReputationRep:
    the pre release material IS the article ?! what else !!?

ReputationRep:
    thanks in advance
    I typed wrong. So the upper one is the cone and the lower ones are the rods. They are laballed as well. The cones are thicker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadzzdan)
    if the ventricles contract from bottom upwards it means the blood will be pumped into the aorta and pulmonary artery. this is important because this way all the blood is pushed up at once so there is more blood pumped at each stroke (stroke volume is high). lastly if it contracts from top to bottom blood would be pushed down essentially damaging cardiac cells... i cant think of anything more...
    many thx im sure thats more than enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iesians)
    sorry, i deactivated a week ago !
    So you will like and share it when you get activated again?

ReputationRep:
    thanks in advance
    the three down are rods and the top one is cone.
    2 or 3 rods are usually connected to one bipolar neurone , unlike cones .

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.. In the article it talks about DNA methylation.. What is it? I looked it up.. Still didn't understand.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M Kh)
    Guys here are the unit 5 topic 8 notes: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?0axz4vqmxxyq1at
    All credits to the original uploader. All rights reserved.

If you like my ntes, please like this page: www.facebook.com/6bi04
    many thx
    but the page is nt found i already liked the page that they posted its link on unit 4 thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M Kh)
    So you will like and share it when you get activated again?
    why not ? but that isnt gonna be any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    Is this anyone else's last exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kanchu)
    Hey guys.. In the article it talks about DNA methylation.. What is it? I looked it up.. Still didn't understand.

DNA methylation is a method when CH3 methyl groups are attached to specifc parts of DNA and this essentially switches off the gene to which they are attahced, it is a reverse process of transcription factors (which increases gene expression) DNA methylation decreases gene expression and transcription.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *******Oranges)
    Is this anyone else's last exam?
    meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kanchu)

DNA methylation is the process of adding methyl -CH3 groups to some bases in the DNA. It is a method of inhibiting gene expression.

ReputationRep:
    pple plz could anyone explain for me the gene expressoin thing i totally dnt get it !!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghogho)
    meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    meeeeeee toooooooo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.