Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnoaboutme)
    at last.. can u do the article part now like give us notes on whats goin to come up
    Are you serious ? Why don't you ******* do it yourself...she's going out of her own way to help us and your acting like an ignorant idiot. With that kind of attitude you may as well forget revising because your going to fail anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doober123)
    what tpe of synoptic stuff do you reckon theyll ask us?

ive revised from the CGP book specific to edexcel and as for the pre-release ive gone through it and made notes....edexcel told our teachers we only had to understand the biology within the article...is that right?
    I reckon they can only ask the stuff they quoted in brackets in the unit 5 like (refer to Biology AS p 134) and so on... that's in terms of synoptic and i do also think you only have to understand the biology of the article tbh, they cant expect you to research more stuff surely! Good luck with the revision!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 03eleitch)
    if oxygen isn't present then the electron transport chain stops because the electrons and hydrogen ions have no where to go meaning that no NAD or FAD is reformed and therefore there is no FAD or NAD to be reduced during krebs or link reaction.
    Where do these electrons come from?
    (Original post by NNP)
    Oxidative PHosphorylation is when hydrogens and electrons are removed from a substrate by carriers (NADFAD) and are passed along successively lower energy levels. THe energy released converts ADP to ATP.
    same again?

...and during substrate level phosphorylation, ATP is produced from the substrates of the reaction, what are the substrates?

Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    What has everyone written for their annotations in the articles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pingu10)
    I reckon they can only ask the stuff they quoted in brackets in the unit 5 like (refer to Biology AS p 134) and so on... that's in terms of synoptic and i do also think you only have to understand the biology of the article tbh, they cant expect you to research more stuff surely! Good luck with the revision!!

thank you thats awesome
    good luck for you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidrah)
    Just finished on topic 8..
    Topic 8 is the first one, and I've also got topic 7 with the correction.
    My neurone drawings are awful, so the brain and eye were off google lol..
    thank you so much for these, honestly its a real help:yep:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=_joshb_]Where do these electrons come from?

these electrons come from the hydrogen. When the hydrogen is carried to the electron transport chain, the hydrogen splits into a H+ and an electron. The electron pass along the electron carriers along the successively lower energy levels.

Hope this helps

Also the substrates in this case are the intermediate 3 carbon compunds that are formed in glycolysis.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this, your more resourceful than both my teachers believe it or not.
    However i noticed you put a diagram of an eye in, are we expected to label one off heart?

ReputationRep:
    Ok I actually love these, you may have saved my life!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uberuvy)
    Thanks for this, your more resourceful than both my teachers believe it or not.
    However i noticed you put a diagram of an eye in, are we expected to label one off heart?
    Yeah, my teachers suck too this year, in terms of doing much other than reading through the stupid SNAB textbook.
    And I expect we have to be familiar with labels, which is why I put it in.

ReputationRep:
    are you giving more notes
    Shouldn't we give Sidrah a rest? They've been kind enough to do the topic 7/8 ones for us, stop asking for more!!

ReputationRep:
    @Sidrah
    I've been looking through the Unit 8 bit and I think there may be a mistake on the pupil reflex box.
    It says;
    Bright light > sympathetic reflex > circular muscles contract, radial muscles relax.
    Dim light > parasympathetic reflex > radial muscles contract, circular muscles relax.

Shouldn't the bits in bold be the other way round?

ReputationRep:
    give more notes
    Jesus F*** shut up already you leech. Lose that stank attitude and stop forcing people to give you stuff.

ReputationRep:
    P*** off.
    Ignore the ******* please. He or She isn't worth the time.

ReputationRep:
    @Sidrah
    I've been looking through the Unit 8 bit and I think there may be a mistake on the pupil reflex box.
    It says;
    Bright light > sympathetic reflex > circular muscles contract, radial muscles relax.
    Dim light > parasympathetic reflex > radial muscles contract, circular muscles relax.

Shouldn't the bits in bold be the other way round?
    I've learnt it that way.. because the sympathetic would be fight-or-flight, so in bright light, its preparing for action, hence pupils constrict to limit light.. I'll check in the book but I'm pretty sure its that way round.

EDIT: book says otherwise lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you can all edit that part. Where it says parasympathetic and sympathetic for the pupil reflex- switch them round lol

ReputationRep:
    I've learnt it that way.. because the sympathetic would be fight-or-flight, so in bright light, its preparing for action, hence pupils constrict to limit light.. I'll check in the book but I'm pretty sure its that way round.

Exact same thing happened to me until i got a past paper question wrong lol. Rechecked book and apparently thats the way it works.

ReputationRep:

im waiting for my extra notes

ReputationRep:
    Exact same thing happened to me until i got a past paper question wrong lol. Rechecked book and apparently thats the way it works.
    The explanation for it being a sympathetic response makes so much more sense.. Ah well..

ReputationRep:
    hey...someone please answer my fMRI question???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.