Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyElectrik)
    Remember you don't get any marks for diagrams unless you label it
    umm i did label it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjg94)
    surely the pupil is black because it absorbs every wavelength of light? does anyone know what the answer was?
    this is what i said, but apparently the pupil doesnt absorb.....but that wasnt in out spec, so how were we supposed to know it anyway...? dumb paper

ReputationRep:
    i genuinely dont think i am going to be going to university anymore because of this horrific paper, all just obscure semi-relevant questions, data analysis and basically copy and pasting from the article, no genuine content.

ReputationRep:
    how many marks was the pupil question for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by del1rious)
    how many marks was the pupil question for?
    ONE

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the paper yet? I REALLY NEED THE PAPER

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jam')
    ONE
    Not big enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by del1rious)
    this is what i said, but apparently the pupil doesnt absorb.....but that wasnt in out spec, so how were we supposed to know it anyway...? dumb paper
    hmm i'm wondering why people keep arguing about the colour of the pupil.isnt the answer in the pearson edexcel textbook pg214?look at the diagram.the iris part.there's a sentence stating THE AMOUNT OF PIGMENT IT CONTAINS GIVES THE EYE ITS COLOUR. so i think the answer of this question should be the pigments on the iris i guess? i'm not really sure but that's what i wrote in my bio 5 paper ><

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxbiologyxx)
    hmm i'm wondering why people keep arguing about the colour of the pupil.isnt the answer in the pearson edexcel textbook pg214?look at the diagram.the iris part.there's a sentence stating THE AMOUNT OF PIGMENT IT CONTAINS GIVES THE EYE ITS COLOUR. so i think the answer of this question should be the pigments on the iris i guess? i'm not really sure but that's what i wrote in my bio 5 paper ><
    The photoreceptors absorb most light that enters them which is why the pupil appears black. Nothing to do with the iris.

ReputationRep:
    i think that the exam was great i think the time was enough to solve all the qu and the qu was quite easy
    wish that we all get A grade

ReputationRep:
    The question paper has come out if anybody wants it - http://www.mediafire.com/?o1n7hoan4pa9m

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for posting the question paper and mark scheme think I've done quite badly on this paper my A* is definitely out of the window, just hope I scrape the A. Can anyone predict what grade boundaries may be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neom)
    The question paper has come out if anybody wants it - http://www.mediafire.com/?o1n7hoan4pa9m
    How can I open these files once they're downloaded?

Edit: As in, is there a program I need to download first to open them? The format isn't recognised :P

ReputationRep:
    oh man definetly flopped the pre release bit, guess it wasnt just copypasta

ReputationRep:
    i think i've got about 57/90 in paper 4.
    can it be an A?

sorry if it sounds mean or wt but i seriously need it for my offer. otherwise i gotta resit...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have access to the mark scheme for Unit 5 ?

ReputationRep:
    Grade Boundaries are out

A* - 61
    A - 56
    B - 51
    C - 47
    D - 43
    E - 39

ReputationRep:
    I'm so scared guys... I can't remember anything. So i don't know if i've done well or not lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishtarbb)
    i think i've got about 57/90 in paper 4.
    can it be an A?
    It's a B, one mark from an A. So you might get the A.

Grade boundaries for all edexcel papers:

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20w...%20%20Int).pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neom)
    I'm so scared guys... I can't remember anything. So i don't know if i've done well or not lol
    Same, I remember being annoyed about how little content there was, but can't remember how much I might've scored, so scared.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.