Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    no i get it now
    thx for the explanation koop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koop)
    convergence and divergence refers to the number of synapse a neurone makes......so its a different concept to summation

you could be right, i'm just going off the green book...

'this means that even if the generator potential from an individual receptor cell is insufficient to set up a synapse, the potentials from several may add together or summate to trigger an action potential. this is known as convergence.' pg 212.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedus)
    i dont know about me, i've only like read through the book which took time and just writing notes. will do specimine paper tommorow morning
    I actually feel the very same

But dude, I think you should do the specimen paper today, and any other questions you have today, so that you can just go over your notes, pre release questions and T7 + T8 questions tomorrow morning..?

HATE synoptic stuff! Just throws you off, and you get all whilst you do the rest of the exam (happened to me in January)

I'm feeling all nervous now Really need an A for this

:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please bullet point the 'stressed out' article for me please.

posted this before, bt my tsrs really slowed dwnn =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shining*)
    I don't have an AS CGP book

Any particular synoptic topic you think I should go over?
    cvd and risk factors
    gene therapy
    drug testing
    inflammatory response
    protein synthesis

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone! Serious relief now

ReputationRep:
    Uh-oh -

Do we need to know the action of phytochromes in greening of plants (pg 225 SNAB textbook)??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koop)
    cvd and risk factors
    gene therapy
    drug testing
    inflammatory response
    protein synthesis

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shining*)
    Uh-oh -

Do we need to know the action of phytochromes in greening of plants (pg 225 SNAB textbook)??
    well it does say underneath how they may cause responses via interaction with proteins to act or activate transcription factors.............so if they do ask it would just be rephrasing how transcription factors cause gene expression

ReputationRep:
    i don't suppose anyone's got the old spec june 2009 mark scheme have they? i can't find it anywhere on the internet :confused:

ReputationRep:
    A link to things for the Article:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedus)
    A link to things for the Article:

i watched that earlier man its v helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    i watched that earlier man its v helpful
    init. mate, hows revision going?! and do you get the article?!

ReputationRep:
    hey all quick question:

how does the vagal nerve affect breathing rate? is this the parasympathetic or sympathetic arm of the CNS?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedus)
    init. mate, hows revision going?! and do you get the article?!
    not too good tbh lol. i get the article but im just worried about what they may ask us! how about u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangeism)
    hey all quick question:

how does the vagal nerve affect breathing rate? is this the parasympathetic or sympathetic arm of the CNS?

thanks!
    it doesn't, its the sympathetic nerve connecting the brain to the SAN so only heart rates affected

ReputationRep:
    ok so from a spirometer trace you can get the vital capacity and the tidal volume which are about how much air you breath in and out so why is the soda lime cannister there because surely that would remove carbon dioxide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 03eleitch)
    ok so from a spirometer trace you can get the vital capacity and the tidal volume which are about how much air you breath in and out so why is the soda lime cannister there because surely that would remove carbon dioxide
    tidal volume is how much we breath in and out, the CO2 needs to be removed as it would eventual be all the person takes in....and after all you want to look at how much oxygen is taken in so CO2 is not needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 03eleitch)

that's the point, it ensures you're only breathing in pure oxygen and that any co2 you breathe out is absorbed, otherwise your tidal volume would decrease because you'd end up breathing in large amounts of co2.

ReputationRep:
    Re phytochromes, do we need to know which one stimulates flowering/germination?

if so..which ones do what?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.