The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
tai-star
It could be worse :frown:
my dumb ass teacher forgot to give me the pre-release and didnt mention it to me
When i opened the paper and saw that fat booklet i was like :redface:

WTF! smack that prick! thats too rude of your teacher...
Reply 1081
tai-star
my dumb ass teacher forgot to give me the pre-release and didnt mention it to me

waaaaa you should talk to your exams officer
I was tempted to scribble a little note to the marker re the wrong page reference. But my guess is I'm not flavour of the month with markers anyway, so didn't bother. They're only minions themselves anyway.

Do they not proof-read papers before printing thousands of them? Clearly not.
Reply 1083
Roxychick

The stupid bradykinins thing was awful. How are we supposed to know where every word is in the article!?

I got lucky here. Read it in the question and was thinking WTF?!!! then looked up and the first thing I see is the word bradykinins in the article. Still don't think I got the 2 marks though :/
Reply 1084
koop
waaaaa you should talk to your exams officer

They gave me an extra 30 mins in the end :s but it was nowhere near enough. My exams person said she was going to apply for special consideration...FML
Reply 1085
tai-star

OMG!! im crying for you!
Like the edexcel maths paper, if there's a biology teacher somewhere that could write out the answers to the biology paper and post it on here, ahhh that would be ideal, and put me out of my misery....! Spesh for the ectopic one, I called the QRS complex the QRS interval. :s-smilie:
cans omeone post the paper??
Reply 1088
did they really expect us to finish this paper in one nd 1/2 hr??
I am almost certain this is wrong, but the QRS compex happened after 2 smaller peaks every time, and the peak that was inverted is one of the smaller ones. So i assumed that was the P wave and then said the atria were contracting. Btw this showed the waves of electrical activity was going in the opposite direction, and I am almost certain that part is right.
ChristinaT
Like the edexcel maths paper, if there's a biology teacher somewhere that could write out the answers to the biology paper and post it on here, ahhh that would be ideal, and put me out of my misery....! Spesh for the ectopic one, I called the QRS complex the QRS interval. :s-smilie:

How did you find the exam in general ?
Don Jesu
I am almost certain this is wrong, but the QRS compex happened after 2 smaller peaks every time, and the peak that was inverted is one of the smaller ones. So i assumed that was the P wave and then said the atria were contracting. Btw this showed the waves of electrical activity was going in the opposite direction, and I am almost certain that part is right.

Ah yeh that's true...I agree that the direction was flipped but I think the inverted one was still QRS, it was quite sharp peak...ahhh :s-smilie:.
rach.
Ah yeh that's true...I agree that the direction was flipped but I think the inverted one was still QRS, it was quite sharp peak...ahhh :s-smilie:.

i dunno mate, maybe 4 or 5 marks lost on the first section and lost all marks in the scientific article question :frown:
What a silly paper.

If they were going to include the article and provide wrong pg/para references or none at all, they should really give us more time :/ Maybe I just underestimated the whole article bit, didn't spend that much time trying to familiarise myself with it but do they seriously expect us to look for one word from the entire 8+ full A4 pages?

I spent 5 minutes looking for bradikynin or whatever it was - when I finally found it..

I still couldn't answer it :mmm:

/rant
that was a bad exam messed up on the big mark questions
Reply 1095
Roughest Bio paper i've ever sat; short on time, long on waffle, obscene synoptic questions that Edexcel seriously went out of their way to include.
The article questions were mostly retarded(find examples from this 12 page booklet when you have a mark a minute)and a lot of the other questions were poorly worded or extremely vague in what they wanted. There were so many essential topics on the specification that they completely missed out in favour of random ECGs and practical questions. People I know who got 90%+ in all their previous Bio exams went out of that thing looking pretty damn stunned, all we can hope for is that Edexcel learns that perhaps this exam was a bit silly and sets its the grade boundaries for an A nice and low.
that exam was a joke

and the insect and seeds question??!!

also i completely screwed up the parkinsons question as i wrote about all the different types of electrical stimulation, but thats for curing depression...

and its true why did they only tell us where some of the information was and not the rest????
Reply 1097
I cannot find what causes ectopic heart beats even on the all knowing google! Apparently
"Although the origin of a VEB is well documented, the exact cause or causes are not well understood" according to the healthline.

If there is no known cause, how the **** are we supposed to know what causes it?
Reply 1098
the paper was so hard !! Hey guys did any one answer the phospholipids question !!
ohsoverystressed
that exam was a joke

and the insect and seeds question??!!

also i completely screwed up the parkinsons question as i wrote about all the different types of electrical stimulation, but thats for curing depression...

and its true why did they only tell us where some of the information was and not the rest????

dont worry, you can treat parkinsons with electrical stimulation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending