Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So all in all, everyone thought the paper was a load of balls, and edexcel are pratts, and eeveryone is expecting low boundries because it was a stupid paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soda__Dreamer)
    So all in all, everyone thought the paper was a load of balls, and edexcel are pratts, and eeveryone is expecting low boundries because it was a stupid paper?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoolander0110)
    were we supposed to know that?
    Are you pissing me? You didn't know enzymes are proteins? So you are telling me that you didn't know how proteins are made either? :p: I'm not trying to be haughty here, but this should be elementary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    Are you pissing me? You didn't know enzymes are proteins? So you are telling me that you didn't know how proteins are made either? :p: I'm not trying to be haughty here, but this should be elementary.
    yer i know that, but in the question it said look at paragraph 1 on page 7, which went on about nerves? this threw me.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the boundry for an A will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)

I think the question wasn't worded well! I only realised in the last minute it was about protein synthesis - and yes, I know that was stupid of me not to realise it instantly - I didn't get time to write it though At first I put something about transcription-initiation complex and promoter region! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    omg omg omg omg.... i really hope they freaking lower the boundary. or im gonna cry.

ReputationRep:
    That paper REALLY DID NOT test our knowledge of the spec!!

It took the mick!

Here I was, sitting in the exam for the first few pages, thinking, oh - wow, this is alright, not as bad as we thought - and then the soda lime stuff and eptopic stuff etc.. come up and I just die!

About the Bradykinins - is it something to do with the inflammatory response?

They BEST lower the boundaries - VERY VERY low! Or else...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrospect)
    Enzymes are globular proteins, so the question was related to protein synthesis. I wasted 2 minutes figuring this out in the exam. :/
    i was not sure whether to write about protein synthesis, or the reason why more enzymes should be made... as in, those neurones were over-stimulated, thus needed more neurotransmitters etc.... At the end, in really small writting (Cos there wasn't enough flipping space) i quickly wrote, the enzymes are created on the ribosome via translation of the genetic material... would have written more, but no space... sigh

Thats 4 points down the drain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shining*)
    Etopic (or whatever) and the soda lime question! How did people find that?!

Oh i tink i managed to figure it out.
    Here were my points on ectopic heartbeat:
    - QRS inversion noted on ECG trace
    - QRS bit is involved in depolarization in the ventricles allowing it to contract
    - Hence QRS inversion means there was hyperpolarization of the ventricular myocaridal muscle
    - Since there was no bp reading, it is fair to deduce that the heart skiped a beat
    - This could be caused by ischaemia - lack of oxygen supply to the heart - in this case its not a serious lack of 02 just a temporary one.
    - Could result in ineffective circulation for a few brief moments..

ReputationRep:
    That was about the worst exam I've been to, period. x.x

ReputationRep:
    what a F**king crap paper =|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoolander0110)
    yer i know that, but in the question it said look at paragraph 1 on page 7, which went on about nerves? this threw me.
    Haha, don't lie The question specifically said explain why "more enzyme molecules" are made. Or explain the process. Something like that. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koop)
    I talked about size and number of organisms...thats all I could think of
    Yea that ques left me angry abit 2..heres what i put:
    - The age/stage of maturity of the insects were not specified so germinating seeds' respiration rates may have been compared to those of adult insects, young insects or a mixture. A valid comparison may be gained by comparing organisms of about the same developmental maturiy such as insect eggs abt to hatch against germinating seeds.
    - Insects were not subjected to the same nitrogen-gas control apparatus as they germinating seeds. They shud be subjected to the same controls.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshesHaralsingh)
    Yea that ques left me angry abit 2..heres what i put:
    - The age/stage of maturity of the insects were not specified so germinating seeds' respiration rates may have been compared to those of adult insects, young insects or a mixture. A valid comparison may be gained by comparing organisms of about the same developmental maturiy such as insect eggs abt to hatch against germinating seeds.
    - Insects were not subjected to the same nitrogen-gas control apparatus as they germinating seeds. They shud be subjected to the same controls.:yes:
    How did you find the paper?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cardionetics.com/cardiolo...opic-beats.php

ReputationRep:
    Urgh I hated this paper
    And the article question where they gave the wrong reference, I kept re-reading the paragraph thinking I was going mad! I hopee they lower the grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    someone make a facebook group

ReputationRep:
    i feel a little embarressed to have not realised there was a misreferenced article :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeeano)
    some1 create a facebook page :mad: time to get it in the news!
    looooooooooool

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.