Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Cheers mate; now i can see how bad i did i guess.

ReputationRep:
    according to mark scheme i got 75 in unit 4 and 68 unit 5 - goodbye A* :'(

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I got at least 67 marks, would that be 100% UMS?

(Original post by Doughboy)
    Oh, and ignore my PM Doughboy, I found the MS in one of your other posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h-star)
    Lol, I'm not saying you cant get good grades and have a good social life and my idea of enjoyment is not one sided, I'm just saying, you have the whole school year to worry about your grades, why spend your summer doing that too?
    I guess you can't have a proper discussion without neg repping someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _joshb_)
    I'm pretty sure I got at least 67 marks, would that be 100% UMS?

Oh, and ignore my PM Doughboy, I found the MS in one of your other posts.
    the papers out of 90 so its not full ums ...haha what papers out of 67

ReputationRep:
    I guess you can't have a proper discussion without neg repping someone.
    I didn't neg you :rolleyes: but thanks for the accusation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koop)
    the papers out of 90 so its not full ums ...haha what papers out of 67
    Yeah the paper is out of 90, I'm saying I think I got about 67/90 RAW marks. This is then scaled up to UMS, which is out of 120. For 6BIO4 in January, this kind of raw mark actually came out as 120/120 UMS due to very low grade boundaries. Was wondering if it'll be the same this time round. Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    No idea. But looking at the mark scheme I think I got ~67 too, so we'll have to compare on results day!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't neg you :rolleyes: but thanks for the accusation.
    Of course you didn't you bitter little girl you.

I think that we'll need less than 67/90 for full UMS. Keeping fingers crossed!

Do you guys think that June 2010 6BI04 was easier, harder or the same as January 2010 6BI04?

ReputationRep:

Do you guys think that June 2010 6BI04 was easier, harder or the same as January 2010 6BI04?
    Wtf man I actually didn't, why do you care anyway, it's only rep. And don't call me a little girl, there's no need to be patronising. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf man I actually didn't, why do you care anyway, it's only rep. And don't call me a little girl, there's no need to be patronising. Idiot.
    Okay :rolleyes: Go to the beach and enjoy your summer or something.

ReputationRep:

Definitely easier. but maybe I was just more prepared for that kind of style of exam, whereas in Jan it was a bit of a shock. I reckon if 67 comes out as 120 for 6BIO5 I'll have got an A*, but you never know with the coursework.

EDIT: Oh my bad. I didn't look at June's 6BIO4. I was comparing jan's 6BIO4 with 6BIO5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _joshb_)
    Yeah the paper is out of 90, I'm saying I think I got about 67/90 RAW marks. This is then scaled up to UMS, which is out of 120. For 6BIO4 in January, this kind of raw mark actually came out as 120/120 UMS due to very low grade boundaries. Was wondering if it'll be the same this time round. Anyone?
    ohhh i understand what you mean....although grade boundaries aren't out i'd say thats maybe 75-85% ums so 90-102 UMS. but you prob got more than 67...well if you calculated your raw marks like me which was very harshly lol.....I guessed I got 1/7 on the long article question

ReputationRep:
    I posted the markscheme.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1330408
    you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Did anybody else get this message when trying to access the link?

ReputationRep:
    Check the A Level past papers thread...

ReputationRep:
    Check the A Level past papers thread...
    how do u manage to get papers so fast? also, how long will it be till you get the bio grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    I posted the markscheme.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1330408
    That link leads me to a page which apparently I do not have permission to view. Any idea what's wrong? Also mind linking me to the chem and bio QPs and MSs as it seems I have the same problem with links posted in the 6CH05 thread.

As for your comments, I must admit that "If I had 15 more minutes I would have aced that paper. I think I screwed up whatever I screwed up because I panicked when I realised how little time I had left." totally covered me. Glad to see I wasn't on my own there. Now fewer than 23 days left. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    A Level Past Papers thread. I said this already.

ReputationRep:
    what do u guys think 63/90 for unit 5 will be with UMS? that is through the harshest marking i could do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Jesu)
    what do u guys think 63/90 for unit 5 will be with UMS? that is through the harshest marking i could do.
    high B or or just an A

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.