Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibbyU)
    hey thanks so much for your advice! im worried its a little late now though as I have my unit 4 exam next week and then this unit 5 one the week after? but I guess I could still look over some topics in other books between now and then. that's probably why I've only ever been able to get c's... I've only ever used the snab book and it goes into so much detail about things you don't even need to know! I'll definitely start using my revision guide especially as it cuts out all the waffle! what grades have you been getting for the biology units?

It seems as though everyone on the student room are just straight A students! Ive never got an A in biology, and only ever got 1 B grade, really worried seeing as I need a B overall just isn't going to happen... and as for the article im completely lost... the only things i've done is read through it a couple of times and then complete a glossary of words I don't understand from it, and revised relevant sections from the textbook e.g the performance enhancing stuff. But I feel completely clueless about the article still
    It will all be alright in the end, it's natural to worry Just keep looking at the revision guide(is it the CGP one you have? As that is amazing for this course), learn the key processes inside out until you are just bored of revising them and you'll be fine. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hate using revision guides, always worry they're not detailed enough. Especially, the official one, it's a joke...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Hate using revision guides, always worry they're not detailed enough. Especially, the official one, it's a joke...
    The purple one?

It seems to be fine for the past papers I've done

ReputationRep:
    do you all guys predict what came up on jan will defintely not come up again?? argh, worried as this is my retake!

ReputationRep:
    i always stay clear of revision guids because they seem like a waste of time, as there not detailed enough, BUT this one sounds great.

how many pages is it? i mean how long does it take to go through? (CGP )

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyytastic)
    i always stay clear of revision guids because they seem like a waste of time, as there not detailed enough, BUT this one sounds great.

thanks!
    It's got approx 70 pg's [for both units]

But every chaptr's got lyk 2/3
    You'll Definitely be Able to do it!

It's just Awesome!
    You'll noe wht i mean once yu go thru it

It's titled '' Edexcel A2 Biology for SNAB and Concept-led Approaches''

Bsta luck yo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samia99)
    It's got approx 70 pg's [for both units]

But every chaptr's got lyk 2/3
    You'll Definitely be Able to do it!

It's just Awesome!
    You'll noe wht i mean once yu go thru it

It's titled '' Edexcel A2 Biology for SNAB and Concept-led Approaches''

Bsta luck yo!
    thanks , which one is the great one, is it the CGPor the edexcel one???

ReputationRep:
    how does anabolic steriods work?is this the only thing you need to know?They enter the cell membrane and bind on a receptor to form hormone-receptor complex?This then functions as transcription factor?

ReputationRep:
    )*Describe the role of primary and secondary immune response's following IGF-1 gene injection in to the body????????//anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyytastic)

thanks!
    Personally I think CGP revison is really good as it follows the syllabus really well. Edexcel revison guide is good but too summarised but it is worth doing the quick questions and the specimen papers as they are good exam practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knowledgeISgood)
    do you all guys predict what came up on jan will defintely not come up again?? argh, worried as this is my retake!
    I wouldnt say that!
    coz in chem this year, they repeated a topic in unit 6B!.. was not expecting it at all but it popped up..
    so just go through the whole syalbbus... you never know that to expect with edexcel...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have links for the june 2010 article? Can't find it anywhere

ReputationRep:
    I have the purple revision guide and think its awful! it just repeats everything from the orange snab textbook, uses exactly the same diagrams but just cuts loads of it out, its good for just reading the relevant stuff but a waste of money 'cause you can just pick it out from the orange book yourself really. I also have the green CGP revision guide for edexcel bio which is good but mine is from before 2008 so think might be a different syllabus basically im screwed for bio exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gildartz)
    Does anyone have links for the june 2010 article? Can't find it anywhere
    here you go!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf June 2010 Scientific Article.pdf (114.9 KB, 69 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r.b)
    here you go!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    The purple one?

It seems to be fine for the past papers I've done
    Ye! Me too, I have really well so far at Biology 288/300 in AS. Although I did mess up January 96/120 but still an A! Ive always only ever used revision guides... I used CGP but ive ditched that (too much irrelevant crap, waste of time!) and I finally am sticking with the purple revision guide.

I did the past papers, can answer all the questions properly etc. I am more then fine, all these muppets saying how its rubbish :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    Ye! Me too, I have really well so far at Biology 288/300 in AS. Although I did mess up January 96/120 but still an A! Ive always only ever used revision guides... I used CGP but ive ditched that (too much irrelevant crap, waste of time!) and I finally am sticking with the purple revision guide.

I did the past papers, can answer all the questions properly etc. I am more then fine, all these muppets saying how its rubbish :
    Why did so many people mess up the bio 4 in Jan?

I'm sitting this monday coz our school didn't do it jan. Have you got any tips?

ReputationRep:

the questions were just vague... and the time limit.... like i remember just finishing on time .... just answer the question i suppose?

ReputationRep:

(Original post by chemdweeb1234)
    the questions were just vague... and the time limit.... like i remember just finishing on time .... just answer the question i suppose?
    I didn't have probs with time. There was this one 5 mark question, totally 'effed' my life. It was a stupid pointless genric graph question to do with Carbon Fixation. I scored 0. If I had scored 5, would of got my A*.

Tips? Its just like any other exam, know your sh1t!

ReputationRep:

The questions were vague that required specific answers. A lot of application questions and time limit didn't help either. Overall it was a hard paper which made the grade boundaries ridiculous, 4 marks apart and 54/90 for an A :rolleyes:
    Have you tried that paper as a mock paper?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.