Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    I didn't have probs with time. There was this one 5 mark question, totally 'effed' my life. It was a stupid pointless genric graph question to do with Carbon Fixation. I scored 0. If I had scored 5, would of got my A*.

Tips? Its just like any other exam, know your sh1t!
    Haha, yeah I scored 0 on the 5 mark carbon fixation question as well! First, I put the letter 'A' in the box which was the correct answer but then changed it to 'D' and therefore had an explanation for graph D which did not award any marks :rolleyes:
    Sucks, I put A as well initially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemdweeb1234)
    the questions were just vague... and the time limit.... like i remember just finishing on time .... just answer the question i suppose?
    (Original post by Legit)
    I didn't have probs with time. There was this one 5 mark question, totally 'effed' my life. It was a stupid pointless genric graph question to do with Carbon Fixation. I scored 0. If I had scored 5, would of got my A*.

Tips? Its just like any other exam, know your sh1t!
    (Original post by Phenylethylamine_)
    The questions were vague that required specific answers. A lot of application questions and time limit didn't help either. Overall it was a hard paper which made the grade boundaries ridiculous, 4 marks apart and 54/90 for an A :rolleyes:
    Have you tried that paper as a mock paper?
    Ah ok cheers. Just hope edexcel behave themselves for the unit 4 and 5 papers this time around.

How does a hard paper lead to close grade boundaries?

Haven't done it yet, done the rest. Saving the paper for saturday.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how i can get end topic test dynamic learning .I googled one time ,I found thought i will download i next time, I dont seem to find it anyome!

ReputationRep:
    it called edexcel A2 dynamic leaning end-topic test

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has a link for the relevant dynamic learning end-of-topic tests that would be fantastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    Ah ok cheers. Just hope edexcel behave themselves for the unit 4 and 5 papers this time around.

How does a hard paper lead to close grade boundaries?

Haven't done it yet, done the rest. Saving the paper for saturday.
    I don't actually know how a hard paper leads to close grade boundaries, but it was just like that in January. I mean, people didn't do well nationally so obviously you only needed 54/90 for an A, but I don't know why they were so close. I guess it's because <54 are range of marks everyone got, so the grade boundaries had to be within that range. Well, I'm retaking unit 4 and I hope this time they're not so close!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/56690390/T...namic-Learning

I found it there you go!~
    (Original post by law-RAH)
    If anyone has a link for the relevant dynamic learning end-of-topic tests that would be fantastic

ReputationRep:

If anyone find the answers please put the link here ,I did not manage to find it!but they are somewhere if yu google it

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually know how a hard paper leads to close grade boundaries, but it was just like that in January. I mean, people didn't do well nationally so obviously you only needed 54/90 for an A, but I don't know why they were so close. I guess it's because <54 are range of marks everyone got, so the grade boundaries had to be within that range. Well, I'm retaking unit 4 and I hope this time they're not so close!
    Hoping they aren't too close as well. What did you get 1st time if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria1234)

I found it there you go!~
    Thanks I appreciate your help
    Are there any for unit 5 though? I think that would be topic 7 or 8 by their classification :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Is there a unit 5 jan 2010 past paper..? cant find it anywhere..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentToday)
    Is there a unit 5 jan 2010 past paper..? cant find it anywhere..
    Don't think there is one.

ReputationRep:
    how to we improve the study skills for this unit i just went through the guide is that enough ?

ReputationRep:
    The first unit 5 ppr was assessd in June 1O.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    Hoping they aren't too close as well. What did you get 1st time if you don't mind me asking?
    I got a D Never got a D in my life, so the paper really threw me over! I need an A overall in biology, so it was really disappointing! But, I think another thing for me is that I've always used the SNAB textbook to revise and this time round I've been using the CGP revision guide, I wish I used the revision guide earlier. :rolleyes:
    I mean I made extensive notes for all the topics, but I guess that textbook is just to understand concepts from not to revise from.

I got my script back, the gutting thing was that I was scoring 4/5, 2/3 in all the questions but unfortunately those 1 marks lost just accumulated

Are you doing unit 4 for the first time?

ReputationRep:
    I got a D Never got a D in my life, so the paper really threw me over! I need an A overall in biology, so it was really disappointing! But, I think another thing for me is that I've always used the SNAB textbook to revise and this time round I've been using the CGP revision guide, I wish I used the revision guide earlier. :rolleyes:
    I mean I made extensive notes for all the topics, but I guess that textbook is just to understand concepts from not to revise from.

I got my script back, the gutting thing was that I was scoring 4/5, 2/3 in all the questions but unfortunately those 1 marks lost just accumulated

Are you doing unit 4 for the first time?
    Are you talking about the orange snab book? I had that AS, and didn't even bother using it as I saw how much it waffled! The CGP book seems really good yeah.

Ah that's bad luck, but it shows you're well on your way to get a good grade. And the close grade boundaries seem to have costed you.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any past papers at all for this exam? Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!
    EDEXCEL HAS MADE A MISTAKE IN A BIOLOGY PAPER SAT BY AS LEVEL THIS MAY!!

CHECK THE LINK!
    HOPE IT DOESNT HAPPEN FOR OUR PAPER.... (but if it does.. free marks!!:P:P)

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...=searchresults

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by law-RAH)

(Original post by Maria1234)
    it called edexcel A2 dynamic leaning end-topic test
    I have all of the ones for topics 5 to 8
    i'll upload the ones relevant for unit 5 here...

There is also a Glossary... helps with definitions!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Topic 7 Test.pdf (209.9 KB, 855 views)
  2. File Type: pdf Biology Topic 8 Test.pdf (291.0 KB, 774 views)
  3. File Type: pdf Biology Glosarry.pdf (194.0 KB, 307 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r.b)
    I have all of the ones for topics 5 to 8
    i'll upload the ones relevant for unit 5 here...

There is also a Glossary... helps with definitions!
    Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much I will be back to +ve rep you later *run out for now... :rolleyes: Sending a love of TSR-exam-based-stress-mixed-with-relief gratitude and love your way

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 30, 2013
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.