The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
mademoiselle84
well to be fair it's up to you but i don't like messing with things that could potentially land me pregnant.
better safe and sure than sorry.

was that directed at me??...like i said..i called fpa..and was assured the pill would work just as well for me as any other person??
Reply 21
mademoiselle84
well to be fair it's up to you but i don't like messing with things that could potentially land me pregnant.
better safe and sure than sorry.

think of the endless number of chemicals and substances going into your body everyday - many of which are anything but natural.
and yet you happily take them, but don't want to take antibioptics that have been scientifically proven not to affect the pill.
theres more evidence for the safety of tetracycline whilst on the pill than there is for some cancer treatments.
fair enough!! i don't think comparisons with the safety of cancer treatments has anything to do with it, however.
maybe i'm just abnormally paranoid about getting pregnant. i was on the pill for years but always used condoms as well, and i wasn't taking antibiotics!
if i were in your position i'd look into non-hormonal alternatives, but that's just me!!
but i guess if fpa says you're ok then that's fine. i don't think any advice you get off TSR would be better than medical professionals...but you knew that already.
Reply 23
iv got to say im sort of terrified of the prospect of sex without a condom....iv always always been very very careful and l liked the fact that with a condom i could automatically see if anything had gone wrong and act accordingly.....i can imagien ill be so paranoid doing it without a condom that i wont enjoy it at all to start with..especially in regard to this antibiotic thing...but i think i just have to relax and trust the professionals.... *deep breathes*

anyway iv heared its messy and quick without a condom....i just wanted to allow him to experince it at least a few times ......bloody hell if he knew all the fuss hes caused :rolleyes:

xxx
Reply 24
Certainly is quicker...at first. I remember when my girlfriend went on pill for first time. it was like going back to square one :frown:.
above is right- statistically the pill is more effective than condoms WHEN TAKEN PROPERLY!!
so if the fpa is right then you should be less paranoid!
sex without condoms is nicer it has to be said, for the boy and for the girl...less faff, no interruptions etc...but only when you are sure you aren't going to catch anything or get "knocked up"!! it's only since i got my implant and a very long term boyfriend that i let it happen... but you shouldn't be doing ANYTHING sex wise you aren't comfortable with no matter how much you want to please your boyf. you are meant to enjoy it too you know!!
(ps. remember to keep some tissues by the bed! hehe!)

Latest

Trending

Trending