Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had to do a creative writing piece for my english coursework and chose to do a weather report. Can you read it and see if it sounds ok, is there anything I should change? Also it needs to be 500 words but its only about 300 so do you have any ideas as to what I can add? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Hello there. For some of us the weather may be improving but today we’re still seeing some more wintry showers around, they just don’t seem to be disappearing!

There is a lot of surface water on the roads this morning because we saw a lot of rain last night, some heavy bursts of rain with mist and fog patches developing in places. Temperatures today will be at their lowest, languishing in single figures in the Southern and Eastern areas of England - London and parts of East Anglia are likely to see lows of around 9°c.

A fair bit of cloud is draped across the UK, with torrential showers and a blustery breeze in parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland. There are clearer skies in parts of England and Wales, some patches of ground frost are likely - especially in rural areas like Rutland, but with the sun gradually emerging, it will quickly clear as the day goes on, leaving some decent sunny spells.

The Midlands remains dry with light winds and clear spells, however patchy rain is likely to develop this evening, especially in prone areas such as the Severn Valley.

In the North West of England, most mist and fog patches should quickly clear, although some may continue to lap onto coasts through the day. Spells of sunshine will become more prolonged and widespread this afternoon, with a maximum temperature of 19°c, especially towards Cumbria.

Now overnight, I’m afraid things are about to get very wet. It may be dry in many of the Central regions at the moment, however the wet weather affecting Scotland and Ireland is gradually sweeping over all of Great Britain so by tomorrow morning there is a wet picture expected for all of us. This will lead to cold temperatures first thing in the morning once again, with more showers heading our way. Predominantly unsettled weather is to be expected across the rest of this week.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 22, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.