Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The who, what, where and when of student finance! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone could explain the basics of student loans ect.

- is everything to be repaid, or just some or what?
    - how much is your maintenance loan normally

I am a welsh student, and I will be doing a degree in Nursing, starting in 2012.

Thanks everyone - also any other stuff I should know!

ReputationRep:
    There is a calculator online to work out indicative numbers. Those on the lowest (household) incomes get grant and loan, most get loan. Loan gets paid back, grant doesn't. Everyone gets Tuition Fee Loan if they apply for it, and that gets paid back.

Any more questions just ask, preferably qouting me.

ReputationRep:
    Wales is different to the English regulations that I know and NHS is always different to general courses as the NHS provide bursaries and tuition fees so I'm not massively sure but I have found this page which may help you..

http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/829/page/45034

Also contact the university you wish to go to as they can also help to point you in the direction of further information.

Sorry I can't be any more help but I have no idea about Welsh regulations!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.