The Student Room Group

Would you think it was weird if i offered her a ride?

i'm a boy and i always see this girl walking to college, but sometimes she's like 2 miles away when it's 10 mins past the start of college (i'm usually running late)... i always feel bad about her having to walk that far... would it be weird if i stopped next to her and asked if she wanted a lift? if you were her would you think i fancied you? because i don't and don't want her to feel awkward or owes me anything, i just feel bad for her.

i know her, i have spoken to her before occaisionally but if i walked past her in the hall we wouldn't smile at eachother or anything... weird? creepy?
Reply 1
They make films about people like you.
Reply 2
Kinda depends.... Do you drive a van with blacked out windows and carry spare duct tape and rope in the back?
The world's in a bad state when simply offering a lift to someone means you have to worry about coming across as a potential rapist
Yup. She will call the police, you will be arrested, you will be charged with rape and your life will be over.
Nah, but she will think you fancy her... unless you want her offering you a ride (if you know what I mean?) I suggest you leave it :wink:
It's noble of you, but the connatations involved in 'giving a young girl a lift' is mostly bad.
Reply 6
would you think differently if it was the other way round, girl offering guy?
if you know her and she knows you then it shouldnt be a problem. i have got into peoples car that i know but not that well in school and i didnt find it weird or creepy :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
i'm a boy and i always see this girl walking to college, but sometimes she's like 2 miles away when it's 10 mins past the start of college (i'm usually running late)... i always feel bad about her having to walk that far... would it be weird if i stopped next to her and asked if she wanted a lift? if you were her would you think i fancied you? because i don't and don't want her to feel awkward or owes me anything, i just feel bad for her.

i know her, i have spoken to her before occaisionally but if i walked past her in the hall we wouldn't smile at eachother or anything... weird? creepy?

Ummm... no.... but that could be becaus im from a place where everyone trys to help one snother! even if she doesnt take the offer up, thats not neccessarily because she find you strange! might just be that shes independant or unsure!

You shouldnt be wary of doing something nice because you fear what people will think of you!!! :P x
Original post by Bektas
It's noble of you, but the connatations involved in 'giving a young girl a lift' is mostly bad.

That. Society stinks :mad:
I did this once with another guy and a girl in my car (so I wasn't alone-- no reason for her to feel awkward then you'd think?). The girl gave me the bitchiest look ever and said in a bitchy way "NO!". I was thinking screw you then, you could've just said "no thanks" like a normal human being. Although we didn't know her personally, she was on our course so none of us were total strangers.

I'd do it again, but I wouldn't offer a lift if I'm alone. That might come across as creepy.
Reply 11
If you have spoken to her before, next time you do just bring it up! 'oh i think i drive past you walking to school... i could give you a lift next time if you like.'
you know of each other, go to the same college...really don't see the issue. Worst that can happen is she'll say no.

You know if you're worried just pulling up next to her and offering her a lift looks weird in one of those times you pass each other in college you could mention the fact you drive and that you often see her walking and arriving late, so does she want a lift sometimes?
This always happens to me when I'm driving home late at night and I see girls wearing next to nothing with about 3 miles to walk on a freezing night and I have to go sailing past them for fear of scaring them to their untimely deaths by forcing them to escape into the road.
If she knows you, then I can't imagine she'd find it weird. Perhaps you could ask her one day when you see her in the hallway, rather than just pull up next to her though.
I mean you could just ask her in person while you're walking by her in the hall, that would be better, I think, than. slowing the car down and asking her through a window.

unless she is really interested in you or knows you personally, she probably won't get in in that scenario.
Reply 16
If she says "no" the first time, when you're sitting in a lecture get someone too pass down a note to here. The when she opens it, it reads: "I'm not a rapist y'know"

When she looks at you, give her smile and wave and all will be fine. Next time she'll accept a lift. :smile:
Original post by amime
If she says "no" the first time, when you're sitting in a lecture get someone too pass down a note to here. The when she opens it, it reads: "I'm not a rapist y'know"

When she looks at you, give her smile and wave and all will be fine. Next time she'll accept a lift. :smile:

If I was somebody going to pass that note down I'd totally cross out not.
If someone offered me a lift, having not spoken to me very much before, I would think it was freaky. I think you should talk to her a bit more before offering her a lift.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending