This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Are there no monthly/yearly travelcards available?
They are only available if you have the correct card which you get if you apply via the Internet, which I did and was rejected for.
I'm paying more than twice than what I was paying when I was going to Havant (40 miles away) and now my college is a mere 9 miles away
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
the money I get from work I'm supposed to be saving for extras like going to gigs and tube tickets etc but just the next....4 months I have to pay £4.20, 4 days a week to get to college, purely because I've already got three A-Levels and two AS Levels
That's how you reward students is it (!)
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
That's how you reward students is it (!)
I know and needless to say I've missed a lot because of not being able to get in! And when I do get in we have the most annoying mature students in the class, there are two people in my French class and because of those two people we are being taught at a C grade level!!!
They are disruptive, one of them walks in and out of the lessons, starts SMOKING in the lesson and turns up drunk and the other one often says (to a class with the majority having an A or A* in French GCSE) "What does "J'ai 19 ans" mean?" in the most crudely bad accent ever.
Needless to say when I don't turn up I don't even get into trouble for it! I'd rather I was! I mean it took my tutor nearly three months to write my reference, which I have to say I believe got me the rejection. I bought it for the £10 off UCAS and it's so ....bland... "Danielle works well in groups and on her own. Danielle is a keen participant. Although I don't Danielle that well I believe her to be a more than able student. Danielle will work alright on the courses she has selected"
yeah way to sell me

My last college the other reference I had was sparkling and said that he wouldn't be surprised if I worked for one of the top newspapers with my "flair and individual style and my nose for a good article, who often raises issues that aren't always noticable in a valued and fair judgement"
"She often sees through media hype more than most people and can usually evalute what the piece is saying in the correct way more than most can"
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What an ugly extract from your reference. You could've gone for an Oxbridge, so your reference would be blindingly good.

Not that I'm saying my reference would have been crap if I didn't go for Cambridge :cool: but they have to up the ante that way. Useful trick.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
They are only available if you have the correct card which you get if you apply via the Internet, which I did and was rejected for.
I'm paying more than twice than what I was paying when I was going to Havant (40 miles away) and now my college is a mere 9 miles away
What do you mean 'rejected' for? Do the company not just sell long term passes or long-term tickets?
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
No I bought one and they actually sacked the guy that sold it to me for that reason!!! They won't sell longterm tickets to anybody now apart from London commuters!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (150)
60.73%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.45%
No- I want it (69)
27.94%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads