Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

England vs Ghana, Int. friendly, 29/3/11, 20:00 watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Possibly the least important match in Englands history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackthevillain)
    What a lol.

Where did you get in the World Cup?
    And where did Ghana get?

We would've been in the semi's had it not been for a handball off the line by Luis Suarez.

Try again.

ReputationRep:
    What channel ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzzle)
    What a lol.

Where did you get in the World Cup?
    And where did Ghana get?

We would've been in the semi's had it not been for a handball off the line by Luis Suarez.

Try again.
    You obviously dont get the importance of friendlys they are build up to qualifiers while this one is after a qualifier no point. So what you have never won a world cup and o my second nation Germany got 3rd thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    Ghana should win this. They're quality and play well as a team. England don't play like a team. They fared far better against Germany in the World Cup than England did; it took a great goal from Ozil to win it, whereas Germany totally battered our defence.

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree it's fairly pointless having the game after the qualifier, I guess it gives Capello the chance to try a few new things out but still, an extra fixture at this stage of the season is hardly what the players will need.

ReputationRep:
    Woo Ghana. Although I don't understand football what is the point of a friendly match can someone explain it to me?

ReputationRep:
    Yet England will most likely lose...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    Ghana should win this. They're quality and play well as a team. England don't play like a team. They fared far better against Germany in the World Cup than England did; it took a great goal from Ozil to win it, whereas Germany totally battered our defence.
    Indeed, England were lucky not to be 5-0 down at half-time in that match!

Mainly because goalkeeper is the only position where a good player doesn't need to be a team-player to perform well.

ReputationRep:
    You obviously dont get the importance of friendlys they are build up to qualifiers while this one is after a qualifier no point. So what you have never won a world cup and o my second nation Germany got 3rd thank you very much.
    I don't even think Ghana was a country when England won the World Cup, so that's hardly a valid argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyfantastic90)
    Woo Ghana. Although I don't understand football what is the point of a friendly match can someone explain it to me?
    International football is not played nearly as much as club football, so international teams have to have some matches to practice and try out new tactics etc. These are practice matches for matches that actually matter, like qualifiers etc.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see us losing this tbh, Ghana haven't won a game outside Africa for 5 years and it won't be the same bunch who played in the WC for us, I reckon Capello will use it to try out more of the new generation and they'll all be trying to prove themselves, so we should come out on top.

(Original post by jessyfantastic90)
    International teams don't get much chance to play together between tournaments, qualifying matches are also relatively few and far between. Friendlies are a chance to help the manager try out different players/formations/tactics without the result really mattering and they're also good way for the players to get used to playing with each other.

ReputationRep:
    well this should be an interesting game
    ghana played terrific in the WC last year in comparison to england but england do have caroll and rooney and whilshere, so u never know

i wonder who'll be wearing the NO.1 shirt for England? :hmmm: :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I understand that,
    but to call it the least important match in England's history is a clear insult on Ghana's credentials

which is why I lol'd.

I think England might win, but it wont be easy - but the home advantage might help England. But there will be a strong and loud African following (i'll be there)
    Ghana's players are spread out over some of the top clubs all over Europe - nevermind the ones who qualify to play for Ghana but opted not to (Welbeck, Ballotelli, Boateng most notably) and most of our players are young and willing to run for the entire game, very talented considering all factors considered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzzle)
    I understand that,
    but to call it the least important match in England's history is a clear insult on Ghana's credentials

which is why I lol'd.

I think England might win, but it wont be easy - but the home advantage might help England. But there will be a strong and loud African following (i'll be there)
    Ghana's players are spread out over some of the top clubs all over Europe - nevermind the ones who qualify to play for Ghana but opted not to (Welbeck, Ballotelli, Boateng most notably) and most of our players are young and willing to run for the entire game, very talented considering all factors considered.
    Its just not a lead up to anything and the rivalry between Ghana and England is null. It may be big for English people of Ghanian descent but for every1 else it pretty much means nothing in contrast to wales England match today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    I don't see us losing this tbh, Ghana haven't won a game outside Africa for 5 years and it won't be the same bunch who played in the WC for us, I reckon Capello will use it to try out more of the new generation and they'll all be trying to prove themselves, so we should come out on top.

International teams don't get much chance to play together between tournaments, qualifying matches are also relatively few and far between. Friendlies are a chance to help the manager try out different players/formations/tactics without the result really mattering and they're also good way for the players to get used to playing with each other.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    Ghana should win this. They're quality and play well as a team. England don't play like a team. They fared far better against Germany in the World Cup than England did; it took a great goal from Ozil to win it, whereas Germany totally battered our defense.
    if that goal had been allowed england would have been more composed at half time. They would have won no problem

ReputationRep:
    Got free tickets. Suck my ass you ass suckers.

ReputationRep:
    CLOSET GHANAIAN tbh :ninja:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2012
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.