Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sandwiches: An Odyssey of Bready Brilliance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    Er, well, they look..pretty? But if they taste like lobster, YES YES YES
    They taste more like prawns, but are meatier/chewier and more salty, imo.

ReputationRep:
    No, I agree about the crayfish comment. They go lovely with rocket due to a denser, meatier flavourful bite. A bit like how a langoustine tastes on a sandwich. Not quite as sweet as the more traditional lobster roll though, but damned fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    No, I agree about the crayfish comment. They go lovely with rocket due to a denser, meatier flavourful bite. A bit like how a langoustine tastes on a sandwich. Not quite as sweet as the more traditional lobster roll though, but damned fine.
    Had a crayfish sandwich from Waitrose today (thought Id treat myself since it is a friday). I found them pretty tasteless tbh, felt like I was eating rocket and some squishy stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    This thread reminds me of the sandwiches featured in...

My siblings have bread with their pasta, as does my dad, and prefer it that way. The rest, well, desserts can be excluded. There's always an exception, right?
    I keep clicking on play and it won't give me my sammich

ReputationRep:
    My best sandwich has got to be a lightly poached egg on freshly baked white bread. Topped with grated cheese and tomato ketchup...i had that for my breakfast actually....there are some really nice sandwich ideas posted though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Invidious-)
    Had a crayfish sandwich from Waitrose today (thought Id treat myself since it is a friday). I found them pretty tasteless tbh, felt like I was eating rocket and some squishy stuff.
    Waitrose pre-packed sandwiches are dire in my opinion. They rank alongside those terribad ASDA/Nondescript no-name petrol station ones. This is an anomaly because most Waitrose stuff is grand, but for some reason their sandwiches are all bland as a water cocktail.

ReputationRep:
    Picture the scene: it's Monday. You have come hone from a stressful day at work. You want some delicious. But quick comfort food. You have left overs from your delicious beef roast dinner. So you get two slices of White bread, and smother them in butter. You heat up the left over gravy, and get a third slice of bread and soak it in the gravy. You then put your beef, roast potato and yorkshire pudding on the first slice of bread, and add a bit of mustard. Put the gravy soaked bread on top of this, then put more beef, potato, Yorkshire pud and mustard on that. Cover with final slice of bread and enjoy like a boss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    Picture the scene: it's Monday. You have come hone from a stressful day at work. You want some delicious. But quick comfort food. You have left overs from your delicious beef roast dinner. So you get two slices of White bread, and smother them in butter. You heat up the left over gravy, and get a third slice of bread and soak it in the gravy. You then put your beef, roast potato and yorkshire pudding on the first slice of bread, and add a bit of mustard. Put the gravy soaked bread on top of this, then put more beef, potato, Yorkshire pud and mustard on that. Cover with final slice of bread and enjoy like a boss.
    You use the Ross Gellar "Moist Maker" too! Haha, rep up.

"MYYYYY SANDWICH!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    You use the Ross Gellar "Moist Maker" too! Haha, rep up.

"MYYYYY SANDWICH!"
    Oh yes, I love friends for teaching me that trick!

ReputationRep:
    I'm also partial to a sliced roast beef, with lettuce sandwich, sucks that there isn't anywhere with a meat deli counter near me

ReputationRep:
    Tuna melt.

I used to have them every day (nearly every day). Fun times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bourgeois)
    Tuna melt.

Ever had one in a wrap? Bit weird but bloody delicious

ReputationRep:
    Tuna Melts are great, but I find I can only have with either cheese OR mayo with my tuna, not both. It just becomes an overpowering fatty mass otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    Homemade white loaf, cut thickly whilst still warm. Lump of lurpak melting into the fresh and hot dough. Crispy rashers of bacon, and a fried egg with a melting yolk. A few crunchy lettuce leaves and some slices of sweet roasted tomato. Heaven.

Or, if I'm feeling a bit of protein.......

Yay, somebody else that loves a BELT.

ReputationRep:
    Tuna melt.

I can't picture tuna with cheese working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoapyDish)
    I can't picture tuna with cheese working
    Whaaat? you guys keep saying that but I can't picture tuna without cheese working.

ReputationRep:
    Whaaat? you guys keep saying that but I can't picture tuna without cheese working.
    I could see tuna in a tomato sauce with pasta and cheese working...but not tuna mayo in a sandwich with cheese!

ReputationRep:
    Tuna mayo sandwich - good. Tuna and cheese melt - good. Tuna MAYO and cheese melt - just OTT on the fatty globularness. If the cheese melted on the tuna, however, is not a mild one, it's just a confused taste - tuna and stronger cheeses are both "Top Tier" strength on the flavour chart, so they end up fighting for supremacy on your palate.

ReputationRep:
    Sandwich shop near me does a fantastic Tuna Deluxe:

Take half a granary baguette, add just a small smear of horseradish sauce then put in tuna mayo, red onion, salad and grated mozarella. Finish with black pepper.

Fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    'Christmas dinner' sandwiches (turkey/chicken, cranberry sauce, stuffing, mayonnaise)
    Brie and cranberry sauce or mango chutney
    Steak and onion toasties/panninis

These threads always make me hungry

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.