Turn on thread page Beta

Help! Russian History Coursework (Emancipation of the Serfs) help needed watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I really want a B in my c/w. I got 2 strong A's last year in the exams so I don't want a rubbish c/w grade to bring my overall grade down. I really need to get an A/B at the end of the year so obviously doing well in this is important.

I got my draft back this week and only got 13/25... my teacher said I can easily get atleast 7 marks more as long as I cross reference and link to the question more (which I'm doing) and add more contempory sources... I can't find any though :/ Basically, wondering if anyone had any sources from the time of the Emancipation of the Serfs? Ones which are about government or society would be extra helpful!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellie220)
    Basically, I really want a B in my c/w. I got 2 strong A's last year in the exams so I don't want a rubbish c/w grade to bring my overall grade down. I really need to get an A/B at the end of the year so obviously doing well in this is important.

I got my draft back this week and only got 13/25... my teacher said I can easily get atleast 7 marks more as long as I cross reference and link to the question more (which I'm doing) and add more contempory sources... I can't find any though :/ Basically, wondering if anyone had any sources from the time of the Emancipation of the Serfs? Ones which are about government or society would be extra helpful!
    Thanks!
    150 years celebration.

ReputationRep:
    Look for the necessary books here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancip...reform_of_1861
    At Russian wiki I have heard about this book.
    Blum J. Lord and Peasant in Russia. From the Ninth to the Nineteenth Century. New York, 1964

ReputationRep:
    Useful materials.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_serfdom
    http://russianreport.wordpress.com/2...hed-in-russia/
    Make links to this article.
    http://eng.kremlin.ru/transcripts/1849

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for the links
    I'm so useless at research!

ReputationRep:
    are you doing the edexell coursework? short term significance? im doing the same one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdixon93)
    are you doing the edexell coursework? short term significance? im doing the same one!
    Yepp, its a right chore. I handed my edited piece in, not sure how it's going to come back though!

ReputationRep:
    ohh man my coursework is in for tomorrow deadline is april 1st isnt it, are you nearly done?

ReputationRep:
    Ouchh, it's in for last day of term (15th April... I think?) but I'm working on it along side my EPQ so times are going to be hard for the next two weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Meli, still having trouble with this? I'll look through my text books for useful contemporary sources if you are

Luckily mine isn't due til 28th April.
    I wrote my question on the short term significance of Khrushchev's domestic policies
    I much prefer this to the part B coursework, despite my teacher saying it's substantially more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Is it primary sources you need? Our teacher has given us a whole folder full of them to chose from if they'd be any help

ReputationRep:
    have you still got any of those primary sources?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    Is it primary sources you need? Our teacher has given us a whole folder full of them to chose from if they'd be any help
    I'm doing this coursework now, if you have any good sources still please could you help me!

I'm doing A Level History in one year and am struggling with A2, this coursework is a killer :/

pleeaaaase someone help me!

Thank youuuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ineedyourhelp)
    I'm doing this coursework now, if you have any good sources still please could you help me!

I'm doing A Level History in one year and am struggling with A2, this coursework is a killer :/

pleeaaaase someone help me!

Thank youuuu
    sorry, this was over 2 years ago now for me, and I don't have any sources anymore!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you anyway!

If anyone else can help me then that would be ideal!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 16, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.