Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Alright, state your university and the department you're at!

University of Bath
    Psychology

Most of my lecturers dress quite casually i.e if I saw them outside uni I'd probably not guess that they were lecturers! The only lecturer who actually dresses somewhat like a lecturer (the epic professor look!) is the one I have in my philosophy module.

Edit: the huge grammatical error in the thread title has been pointed out and acknowledged.

ReputationRep:
    Erm....why do you care what my lecturers wear...?

ReputationRep:
    Awfully.

ReputationRep:
    Just.... clothes usually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    Erm....why do you care what my lecturers wear...?
    I'm curious.

ReputationRep:
    My cousin said that one of his lecturers once came in bondage gear.

ReputationRep:
    Kent
    School of Arts
    Casually. Jeans, mainly. One always wears a cap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nunugab)
    I'm curious.
    Ok...well mine wear just normal, regular, everyday clothes....jeans, shirts, blazers...

ReputationRep:
    University of Liverpool
    Politics

All my lecturers dress a little differently. One always wears a suit but no tie, another wears snazzy colours and sweater vests and the other one wears the same jumper tucked into his jeans every week.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds met
    Social sciences
    quite a mix actually
    sociology - jeans and a shirt generally or theres the im working class manc who wears alot of polo neck t-shirts
    psych - the ladies always dress very smart, the one male psych lecturer iv had looked like all 0f his clothes were for someone twice the size of him, lots of tweed jackets though...
    health - all ladies - lots of black, black skirt with black tshirt/shirt and black cardigan was what they all wear always...
    and the most special of them all head of social sciences - cravate, waistcoat, oh he's special also one of my favourite lectureres

ReputationRep:
    Sussex
    Biochemistry

Some dress fairly smartly, like shirts and dark jeans, one sometimes chooses to come in with wet hair, a tshirt and no bra.

ReputationRep:
    At Leeds Uni and one of my lecturers doesn't wear shoes or socks.

ReputationRep:
    Ah glad I'm the first person to post this:

Newcastle University
    Biomed/Physiology

He wears Hawaiian Shirts, Shorts and a Visor. His number plate is MUCUS cos he loves the stuff!

ReputationRep:
    My physics teacher in year 11 used to wear the same jumper each lesson, and beige trousers, and a blue shirt and a beard.

And I say wear a beard because he didn't have it for any purpose save for the fact he wanted to hide his double chin.

ReputationRep:
    About as badly as your grammar

ReputationRep:
    QMUL
    English & Languages and Linguistics
    Two of them (1 from English 1 from Linguistics) dress absolutely beautifully, really classy and well-dressed. Lots of teals and blacks and slinky stuff. The rest are not exciting at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CuthbertDibble)
    About as badly as your grammar
    Just woke up, yes it should say How do your lecturers dress! Sorry grammar nazi, I'm usually spot on.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.