Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    Maths+Economics are what I've heard are the top courses at Warwick and that people on tsr have rejected places like UCL to study them. It's just a bit of a shame that they aren't as strong for my course
    You're right about economics, but in particular Warwick Business School (WBS). I thought we were talking about Engineering and the sciences though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    Massive thread here to aid you with your accommodation hunt.

Try to live on campus first year if you can.
    That is bloody awesome! Thanks! I'm only going to be at Warwick for one year doing a postgrad program with my dog, so off campus is the only option for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilnikkita)
    That is bloody awesome! Thanks! I'm only going to be at Warwick for one year doing a postgrad program with my dog, so off campus is the only option for me.
    Quick link to this post as well.

I suggest you also use the forum search, using the keywords: Leam/Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Canley, Cannon Park, Earlsdon and Tile Hill for some other users' thoughts on the areas you can live in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilustrius)
    It isn't an established Engineering school. Never said it's bad, it's just nothing special. It's certainly no Cambridge, Imperial College, Bath, Bristol or Southampton for Engineering. Have a look at the ranking criteria, as a member of this forum it's a shame that you're not yet accustomed to the consensus that rankings are unreliable.

I'm a second year Engineering student, so my post wasn't exactly 'mindless', and I don't really need to do any supplementary research when I've been in regular contact with some of the world's best engineering professors.

I know for a fact that Warwick's engineering school is pretty much an unknown quantity, and certainly isn't as reputable as Cambridge, Imperial College, Bath, Bristol or Southampton. In comparison to many of Warwick's other schools, it is mediocre.

It isn't bad at all. In fact it's good. But it isn't exceptional, at least for now.

EDIT: You're still in secondary school and predicted only ABB.. I can understand why you're so defensive about Warwick's Engineering school now. Seeing as you meet their low entry standards.

And you think you know more about Engineering schools than me. Just Rofl. :rolleyes:
    It's nice to see a second year uni student using personal attacks as a form of discounting my argument. Does that work as well in your uni exams?

If the engineering league tables are consistent with eachother, which all rank warwick highly (top 10), who are you to say they are innacurate? Whilst doing work experience at the Canary Wharf Crossrail site with chartered engineers, they seemed to also be under the impression that warwick was good for engineering. No offense, but I am more likely to trust them (backed up with league tables) than somebody on an internet forum.

I have no issue with you saying it's not the same as Oxbridge, imperial ect, but saying it's just "okay," is plain wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrengineer)
    It's nice to see a second year uni student using personal attacks as a form of discounting my argument. Does that work as well in your uni exams?

If the engineering league tables are consistent with eachother, which all rank warwick highly (top 10), who are you to say they are innacurate? Whilst doing work experience at the Canary Wharf Crossrail site with chartered engineers, they seemed to also be under the impression that warwick was good for engineering. No offense, but I am more likely to trust them (backed up with league tables) than somebody on an internet forum.

I have no issue with you saying it's not the same as Oxbridge, imperial ect, but saying it's just "okay," is plain wrong.
    If the league tables are so consistent, why haven't they ranked with the same factors and thus provided identical rankings? Simple. They aren't reliable. Hopefully you'll become more used to this as you become more accustomed to TSR.

I'm not offended at all, because I maintain my confidence in knowing considerably more about Engineering schools and the industry than you do. I'm not even inclined to say you're wrong if the engineers you've spoken to reckon Warwick is good for Engineering. Whether it's good, okay or whatever - it's purely subjective. But I'm glad that we've come to an agreement it that it is decent, but certainly not exceptional.

I'm achieving a solid first class honours in my Engineering degree, so whatever techniques I'm employing are paying off. Thanks for the concern though, but I'm fine as I am. How are your A-levels going? Predicted anything better than an ABB yet? Good luck with that.

ReputationRep:
    If the league tables are so consistent, why haven't they ranked with the same factors and thus provided identical rankings? Simple. They aren't reliable. Hopefully you'll become more used to this as you become more accustomed to TSR.

I'm not offended at all, because I maintain my confidence in knowing considerably more about Engineering schools and the industry than you do. I'm not even inclined to say you're wrong if the engineers you've spoken to reckon Warwick is good for Engineering. Whether it's good, okay or whatever - it's purely subjective. But I'm glad that we've come to an agreement it that it is decent, but certainly not exceptional.

I'm achieving a solid first class honours in my Engineering degree, so whatever techniques I'm employing are paying off. Thanks for the concern though, but I'm fine as I am. How are your A-levels going? Predicted anything better than an ABB yet? Good luck with that.
    Why are you so butthurt? Learn common courtesy.

I'm amazed you didn't mention your uni you're doing engineering at, emphasizing how Warwick is nowhere near it, so you could further attempt at showing the people of TSR how much better you are than me!!

Saying that, you're probably trolling me right now so i'm gonna stop feeding you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrengineer)
    Why are you so butthurt? Learn common courtesy.

I'm amazed you didn't mention your uni you're doing engineering at, emphasizing how Warwick is nowhere near it, so you could further attempt at showing the people of TSR how much better you are than me!!

Saying that, you're probably trolling me right now so i'm gonna stop feeding you.
    My backside is alright, but again thanks for the unnecessary concern.

I don't have to mention my university when it is completely irrelevant to the purpose of this thread.

If by 'better' you mean more knowledgeable of Engineering, or more intelligent, I'd say I'm likely 'better' on both accounts.

Yes you'd better stop 'feeding' me. How convenient.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers everyone, all the information was really helpful

ReputationRep:

Bit harsh considering you only managed BBB.
    Prick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Doctor. SW)
    Is the nightlife really rubbish , thats not good I've firmed it now.
    What would you say are the best point about the university ?
    I've got an offer from Warwick and just deciding whether it should definitely be my first choice. I'm guessing you're there now? What do you think of the nightlife? Are people obsessively academic? More so than Oxbridge..? They seem to go out a lot there and it's academic obviously, but (from this thread) I get the feeling Warwick nightlife is worse?! Do people disapprove of you if you say you enjoy clubbing?! I've seen this on other pages and am kiiinda worried..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviag24)
    I've got an offer from Warwick and just deciding whether it should definitely be my first choice. I'm guessing you're there now? What do you think of the nightlife? Are people obsessively academic? More so than Oxbridge..? They seem to go out a lot there and it's academic obviously, but (from this thread) I get the feeling Warwick nightlife is worse?! Do people disapprove of you if you say you enjoy clubbing?! I've seen this on other pages and am kiiinda worried..
    It is seriously not that bad. I know people at Warwick who get hammered a few times a week, dip their fingers in a few drugs to get by. It depends on what kind of person you are.

If you're doing a real degree, then tbh you'll soon realise that there is a limit to how much partying you can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviag24)
    After spending my gap year getting trashed in various places I am looking forward to academic stimulation again. However if I don't have a social life I will literally die so no, not everyone is going to be obsessively academic, who really is?! You've just got to get a balance of doing well in your degree and having an amazing 3 years.
    Everyone at Warwick will be normal young people. Sure, some will be a bit introverted but you'll find that anywhere. I'm sure we'll all find a great bunch of people to call friends at Warwick, well here's hoping anyway! I honestly can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsunami2011)
    It is seriously not that bad. I know people at Warwick who get hammered a few times a week, dip their fingers in a few drugs to get by. It depends on what kind of person you are.

If you're doing a real degree, then tbh you'll soon realise that there is a limit to how much partying you can do.
    How did your brother find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bea492)
    How did your brother find it?
    Judging by facebook, I think he wasn't far from the booze or clubs. In his experience, the clubs are limited, but there's enough on show in Leam,etc to keep you occupied.There's uniexpress if you want to go Birmingham, which takes you to the club and then drops you back to campus at 4ish which sounds good! Also, as you progress into the year, if you're doing a VERY rigorous degree, then tbh you'll only be able to make it out a couple nights a week in Year 3

EDIT: I've seen that you've firmed Warwick :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Judging by facebook, I think he wasn't far from the booze or clubs. In his experience, the clubs are limited, but there's enough on show in Leam,etc to keep you occupied.There's uniexpress if you want to go Birmingham, which takes you to the club and then drops you back to campus at 4ish which sounds good! Also, as you progress into the year, if you're doing a VERY rigorous degree, then tbh you'll only be able to make it out a couple nights a week in Year 3

EDIT: I've seen that you've firmed Warwick :woo:
    Ah that's all you need really as long as I know it's not going to be completely dire. It's about who you're with when you're out really. I've had some amazing and some terrible nights in Birmingham, it all depends.
    What course did your brother do?
    Yes I have! I toyed with the idea of visiting Bristol when I got my offer but just thought why bother really as I loved Warwick and I already knew what I'd like and dislike about Bristol.
    You're waiting till after the LSE open day aren't you? I've got a horrible feeling you'll go there

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's all you need really as long as I know it's not going to be completely dire. It's about who you're with when you're out really. I've had some amazing and some terrible nights in Birmingham, it all depends.
    What course did your brother do?
    Yes I have! I toyed with the idea of visiting Bristol when I got my offer but just thought why bother really as I loved Warwick and I already knew what I'd like and dislike about Bristol.
    You're waiting till after the LSE open day aren't you? I've got a horrible feeling you'll go there
    Yeah I agree! I'm just hopeful that I'm in halls with party-goers and not World of Warcraft fans.:lol:

He did Economics, and went down the route of selling his soul to a investment bank.

Ah so you finally got into Bristol?! I was banned for a while lol, so must have missed that.:rolleyes: We should make a Warwick Law facebook page soon, the one last year was made around this time!

I'm doubtful that I will, the more I think about it, the more I detest the idea of it, mainly because I don't want to be a stone's throw away from home and just hear so many bad stories about LSE. I'm the LSE hater on the applicants thread :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree! I'm just hopeful that I'm in halls with party-goers and not World of Warcraft fans.:lol:

He did Economics, and went down the route of selling his soul to a investment bank.

Ah so you finally got into Bristol?! I was banned for a while lol, so must have missed that.:rolleyes: We should make a Warwick Law facebook page soon, the one last year was made around this time!

I'm doubtful that I will, the more I think about it, the more I detest the idea of it, mainly because I don't want to be a stone's throw away from home and just hear so many bad stories about LSE. I'm the LSE hater on the applicants thread :lol:
    World of Warcraft! Haha!

Oh wow he really did sell his soul lol. Good for him

Yeah I did finally! And then when I declined my offer I got a congratulations email from them which was a bit awkward... Heard nothing from Warwick since I firmed though. Haha 'banned', got to love TSR!

You continue to hate then A girl who interviewed at Ox with me is there on the same day as you I think

ReputationRep:
    World of Warcraft! Haha!

Oh wow he really did sell his soul lol. Good for him

Yeah I did finally! And then when I declined my offer I got a congratulations email from them which was a bit awkward... Heard nothing from Warwick since I firmed though. Haha 'banned', got to love TSR!

You continue to hate then A girl who interviewed at Ox with me is there on the same day as you I think
    You'll probably hear something soon! Come to think of it, Warwick was the only university, which didn't send me a 'offer pack' so maybe it's just how they operate, from what I hear they send a few things in the post which takes a while I know! It seems to be for very trivial issues aswell :dontknow:.

I find it odd, how there is only one visit day for the whole school, but we well see!

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably hear something soon! Come to think of it, Warwick was the only university, which didn't send me a 'offer pack' so maybe it's just how they operate, from what I hear they send a few things in the post which takes a while I know! It seems to be for very trivial issues aswell :dontknow:.

I find it odd, how there is only one visit day for the whole school, but we well see!
    Yeah I didn't get anything in the post from them at all.

Is there only one day for LSE?! Bit of a shame if you're busy that day then!

We should definitely set up that Facebook group

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I didn't get anything in the post from them at all.

Is there only one day for LSE?! Bit of a shame if you're busy that day then!

We should definitely set up that Facebook group

Yeah, I guess that it's the LSE afterall, one day should be enough:rolleyes:

Once enough law firmers come out of the woodwork, a law freshers(I hate that word atm, tempting fate) page will be needed aswell!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 28, 2012

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.