Turn on thread page Beta

How much money will i need for food each day? watch

ReputationRep:
    to eat to a reasonable standard?

ReputationRep:
    I spend at least £20, but you may want more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    A day? 0_0

ReputationRep:
    Is that per week? Or a day for more than person? Or do you eat out a lot? So many questions :P

£20-£30 a week seems what me and most other people seem to spend, OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    A day? 0_0
    That's what OP asked for...

(Original post by ily_em)
    Is that per week? Or a day for more than person? Or do you eat out a lot? So many questions :P

£20-£30 a week seems what me and most other people seem to spend, OP.
    No, OP asked per day. It's just for me, but I like the best quality.

ReputationRep:
    I spend so much money on food, I just love it so much, and I eat at expensive places. On average I spend at least 10-15 pound on food. I'm hungry now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_or_coffee?)
    to eat to a reasonable standard?
    I'm not at university now, but I am planning to spend about £20-£30 a week on food

A good tip to do would be to cook big batches of food, and then freeze some in portions, so you can defrost them for the next day for your dinner (this is what I am going to do anyways)

ReputationRep:
    That's what OP asked for...

No, OP asked per day. It's just for me, but I like the best quality.
    I know OP did, I was just asking because it seems so high. I just can't think what you can spend £20 a day on, even if it is high quality food. Good cuts of meat etc aren't that expensive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    I know OP did, I was just asking because it seems so high. I just can't think what you can spend £20 a day on, even if it is high quality food. Good cuts of meat etc aren't that expensive...
    Good cuts of meat combined with things like asparagus, caviar, nice desserts...

ReputationRep:
    Good cuts of meat combined with things like asparagus, caviar, nice desserts...
    And you afford to spend 4 grand a year on food, how?
    No reaosnable person needs to spend anywhere near that

I can get full 3 meals a day, plus snacks etc, and those meals will have everything i need + spices and other such things and i still wouldnt spend anywhere near 20 quid a day.

ReputationRep:
    And you afford to spend 4 grand a year on food, how?
    No reaosnable person needs to spend anywhere near that

I can get full 3 meals a day, plus snacks etc, and those meals will have everything i need + spices and other such things and i still wouldnt spend anywhere near 20 quid a day.
    Where are you getting 4 grand from? 365 days, £20 a pop gives ... £7300 per year on food. I afford it by being rich.

No, it's an extravagence certainly. but I don't spend money on anything else apart from camera equipment.

ReputationRep:
    Where are you getting 4 grand from? 365 days, £20 a pop gives ... £7300 per year on food. I afford it by being rich.

No, it's an extravagence certainly. but I don't spend money on anything else apart from camera equipment.
    Took it on account of a student year, to which the normal person doesnt not buy their own food back at home, was that so hard to work out?

Being 'rich' you are either given money by parents, or aren't in fact at university, to which your post was useless on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Took it on account of a student year, to which the normal person doesnt not buy their own food back at home, was that so hard to work out?

Being 'rich' you are either given money by parents, or aren't in fact at university, to which your post was useless on this thread.
    Or option C, had an awful lot of money saved up.

I generally do buy food when not at uni, although maybe not quite so much... Call it £10 a day, on average (some days none, other days I'll pay £50 for a meal out with a friend) when not at uni.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.