Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I am deferring my entry to university to 2012 so I won't start this year but the next. We recently had a talk at school about student finance and how you have to get the form filled out online pretty soon.
    What do I do in this situation? I'm not starting this year so the costs will all be different, do I apply for the finance now?

I would be grateful if someone could help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikeycoco)
    Hi there, I am deferring my entry to university to 2012 so I won't start this year but the next. We recently had a talk at school about student finance and how you have to get the form filled out online pretty soon.
    What do I do in this situation? I'm not starting this year so the costs will all be different, do I apply for the finance now?

I would be grateful if someone could help
    I don't think that you apply for finance now as the applications are for funding for 2011/12, although I'm not sure.

If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemini92)
    I don't think that you apply for finance now as the applications are for funding for 2011/12, although I'm not sure.

If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

Nope, you're spot on. If you are not attending this year, then there is no need to apply.

As much as it is good to have your application in early, that's a bit too early!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.