Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do many university's give students a chance to study a language as an extra? watch

    • Thread Starter


    Yeah most places let you do evening classes in a few languages. You have to pay extra for it though.

    Yes, most universities do offer this. It depends on your course, but sometimes you can take them as a module within your degree. If you can't do this (I expect you might not be able to with Biomed/Microbiology) then sometimes you can pay to take the courses as an extra-curricular thing.

    Probably best to check your universities' websites and/or email them to ask. Most cities have language schools in though, where you could learn French completely separate from university if you wanted to.

    (Original post by ThatsJustTooBad)
    Hi, I am going to be applying to uni in September to hopefully study biomed/ microbiology, but I also have a love on languages (in particularly French but I don't want to do a degree in it) so do unis have language centres which students can take classes at?
    Warwick lets you do it as an optional module. If that doesn't work out you can always take a language course during an evening class. You have to pay for those ones...
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.