Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello i will be starting back at university in 2012 and i was wondering if i would qualify for the grant. I did go to university when i was younger but i dropped out after 6 months and i was wondering if this affected my grant application. When i previously attended university i only got the maintenance loan and not the grant and loan fees loan.

ReputationRep:
    you can have funding for the length of your course plus an extra year. The extra year is often used in circumstances like yours - students often start a course and drop out for a range of reasons.

If you left your previous course on health grounds (you were ill) or because you had some personal problems, make sure you include evidence of this when you apply for yoru funding as then you can save your plus one year in case you need it later.

So you will get funding for your new course. The grant is means tested so you will only get it if your parents earn below the threshold.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.