Turn on thread page Beta

Signing more than one contract?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have signed for a full time role with a bank and I am now waiting to complete the screening process. I have been up font with them from the start and they have advised me for one reason or another there is a chance the offer might be retracted after screening. I won't find out for two weeks.

I have another offer with a different bank which I want to keep open just in case this falls through however they have given me a deadline of only a couple of days to sign the contract and cant extend the deadline. I am not at all keen to sign both at the same time but don't want to end up with nothing. A lot of my friends say it is common practice to sign more than one contract and that it is fine as long as you the notice stated on the contract. I am not sure this is correct and I am not keen to do anything which is illegal or seen as poor practice.

Does anyone have any real experience with this or have any advice on how to best go about this?

ReputationRep:
    From what I've seen on here and heard around university it seems to happen, better than ending up with nothing I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamz0770)
    From what I've seen on here and heard around university it seems to happen, better than ending up with nothing I guess.
    Is it legal though and does one contract become invalid if you sign another?

ReputationRep:
    you always have a termination period to say you dont want to work anymore

ReputationRep:
    Why will the offer be retracted? Have they given you a reason?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.