Turn on thread page Beta

Kid Who Beat Up Bully-First Television Interview watch

ReputationRep:

People's champ

ReputationRep:

Self-Defence should not get you excluded from school.

Richard Gale's (The Bully) interview:

Interviewer: 'Are you sorry?'
    Bully: 'ahhh no *looks over at parents* aaah yes'

Interviewer: 'Will you ever bully again?
    Bully: 'ahhh..... most probably not'

I have never wanted to slap the sense into someone so bad

ReputationRep:
    Good on him, the other kid deserved it. He wont be bullied again :top:

ReputationRep:
    Zangief Kid's a hero.

ReputationRep:
    Hard not to feel sorry for him?
    Um....

ReputationRep:
    Wow, something that over 90% of us haven't experienced! Do I smell a media distraction? Because nobody was filming for the news when I stood up to the 5 sadistic hitler-like *******s who made my childhood horrible!

And what about school shooters? The ultimate anti-buillies! Like Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold? They even took it a step further... where's their credit?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for sharing. After watching both videos I don't know who to feel sorry for. Although Casey's story seems more reliable, its quite terrible for Richard as well and his family. Being called the 'badman' around the entire world. I think thats maybe too much of a punishment for him.

Anyway Casey did great what he did.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised the news media, or at least this one, have been so un-PC about it. No way would the news at six here do a bit calling him a hero.

ReputationRep:
    Huh, that Richard kid trying to make out as if he is the victim, the nerve! I feel sorry for the parents but not the actual bully himself. He will never have my respect especially after so obviously lying in the above interview. GO CASEY!

(Original post by muffingg)
    Thanks for sharing. After watching both videos I don't know who to feel sorry for. Although Casey's story seems more reliable, its quite terrible for Richard as well and his family. Being called the 'badman' around the entire world. I think thats maybe too much of a punishment for him.
    It's ample punishment, he's getting what he deserves. Happy ending as far as I'm concerned.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a bit of a waste of time that the major news outlets have been covering what is, essentially, a middle school playground tiff. Sure, it was digitalised and is probably worse than a lot of similar incidents but, in actuality, it is childish. I think the media attention on both families is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    wait so the tiny thin kid was bullying the huge kid?
    i only saw this as a gif and thought the thin kid was attacking the bully only to get owned?
    ah well i judge too quick

EDIT: it's good he did it, bullies are dicks that need their just deserts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonotrly)
    I'm surprised the news media, or at least this one, have been so un-PC about it. No way would the news at six here do a bit calling him a hero.
    The bully got a nice dose of comeuppance, but still, he could've cracked his head open.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Casey 100%. If Richard was being bullied by Casey as he claimed, then why would he look so un-intimidated when confronting him? Hopping about like a boxer, his friends recording it...seems like he's just trying to worm himself out of the ****hole he's dropped himself in to.

It's all too easy to claim to be "bullied" though nowadays. The word has been overused so much it's lost it's context.

ReputationRep:
    He's very modest what a good kid he should get more loyal friends.

ReputationRep:
    Can't help but egg the boy on, really gives you a great feeling - like he's punching everyone who's ever made me or my little brother feel frightened when we were kids.

As for the bully.. You get what you're given, I'm afraid. There's nothing big or clever about standing in a group of your friends repeatedly hitting someone you know (or think you know) won't defend himself. Maybe this will teach him some morals.

ReputationRep:
    The school were wrong to suspend him.

ReputationRep:
    i had to let my youngest brother fight his own battle cos all his bullies were years younger than me so i couldnt stop them. What the bullies didnt know however is that his enjoys boxing out of school hours... needless to say my brother isnt bullied now

ReputationRep:
    ****ing cringey how those programmes started to add all the dramatic shots and music to both stories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVnotDivvy)
    Wow, something that over 90% of us haven't experienced! Do I smell a media distraction? Because nobody was filming for the news when I stood up to the 5 sadistic hitler-like *******s who made my childhood horrible!

And what about school shooters? The ultimate anti-buillies! Like Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold? They even took it a step further... where's their credit?
    1) This kid didn't kill, he taught a lesson with an injury
    2) He didn't kill people that had nothing to do with the bullying.
    3) You are an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    that actually made me cry

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.