Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Good on him for standing up. It takes real courage to stand up to a bully, especially when the bully in question is surrounded by his own little gang of friends.

And as a recap, brings tears to my eyes every time:

People say **** like that, but I don't recall ever feeling courageous for doing things along the same line as this fatty.

ReputationRep:
    A modest response to a bully! Good on him!

ReputationRep:
    I smell media bias in the Richard Gale video.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't really been following this entirely, aside from seeing the initial video and what is posted in this thread, but just a few months ago, the media was giving much attention to bullying, suicide rates and such.

Do you think this "phenomenon" will change anything or do you think kids who bully will have to learn on their own - the hard way? Do you think this will encourage discussion between parents and their children... teachers and students? Do you think this will encourage victims of bullying to retaliate beyond self defense?

I think this video has a stronger impact on those who have already experienced quite a bit of bullying throughout their lifetime, which is why so many questions cross my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    People say **** like that, but I don't recall ever feeling courageous for doing things along the same line as this fatty.
    The kid's awesome for piledriving the dude, the dude's stupid for attacking / bullying a guy so obviously stronger, bigger than you

Bullies should expect retaliation.... duh, winning.

ReputationRep:
    If this had been at some of the schools near me, the bully wouldn't have got owned a second time. Next time he would have come with his mates and with knives.

ReputationRep:
    best way to tackle bullies in the absence of a concerted effort by authorities to tackle such issues in my view.. got to be careful not to brain the bully tho - could easily have disabled/killed the lad doing what he did.. not that I can talk, once introduced a lad's head to a door with considerable force :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SayonaraSamm)
    Zangief Kid's a hero.
    nah mate its E. Honda

ReputationRep:
    Botched his powerbomb.

Laid the Smacketh down anyway.

ReputationRep:
    A few of you have gotta dry your eyes.

Good on the lad, the bully should learn not to pull **** whithout expecting it back.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who falls for Richard's little story is gullible as ****. He's clearly making it all up about him being 'angry' at Casey supposedly starting it. He bounces around all arrogant like a prick like that if they're angry? He was clearly bullying him, end of. Can't believe he said he wasn't sorry until his dad made him say he was.

I know he's young and that but my God is he a little ****.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing wee ****e, that so called "apology" is absolute ****. What ****ing 12 year old has an eyebrow piercing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    x
    I was actually fully prepared to feel a shred of sympathy for the kid but after seeing that it is apparent that he is pretty vile.

ReputationRep:
    Can tell ya now, the kid who body slammed the use prick could be a very good powerlifter/weightlifter if he wanted to do that from his teens-onwards.

I'd like to see anybody pick on him then.

ReputationRep:
    This:

Spoiler:
    Show

Is pretty good

ReputationRep:
    Wait...

Who is the bully here? The big kid looks like the bully - the one who got slammed on the floor looks like the victim...

ReputationRep:
    How is he a hero?

He hasn't helped anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    1) This kid didn't kill, he taught a lesson with an injury
    2) He didn't kill people that had nothing to do with the bullying.
    3) You are an idiot.
    I don't think you understood the sarcasm of the exaggeration, but anyways... I'm sorry. Not sorry if I offended you, I'm just sorry that you're too dumb to understand a sarcastic joke. I was just trying to poke a little fun into it that's all, I wasn't crying 'lynching!'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVnotDivvy)
    I don't think you understood the sarcasm of the exaggeration, but anyways... I'm sorry. Not sorry if I offended you, I'm just sorry that you're too dumb to understand a sarcastic joke. I was just trying to poke a little fun into it that's all, I wasn't crying 'lynching!'.
    Cool.

For future bro, you can't get sarcasm across through writing in the same way as person, as there is no tone of voice.

And as for me being "too dumb." Cool.

ReputationRep:
    Why was this on the news?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.