Turn on thread page Beta

I think I could have a hormone imbalance watch

I am a 19 year old male and I think theres something up with me. I have been going to the gym since the beginning of the year and started to lose a bit of weight and stuff, but I have pretty minging man boobs. I have pufty nipples that puff out and make my boobs look like actual boobs, especially when I am warm. Its not so bad at natural temperature or when I am cold but if I am too hot, like for instance in the steam room my nipples puff out and make my moobs a bit larger. I am slightly overweight but I don't seem to be losing any weight from my chest. I'm really muscular underneath though, I just don't seem to be able to shift this layer of fat.

I was wondering if it may have anything to do with high oestrogen levels and low testosterone? I still can't grow a full beard and my body hair in general hasn't really changed for a couple of years.

If this is the case, what do I do? I consulted a doctor early on in puberty about my nipples when they first came about and he said they would go away as I develop through puberty. Shouldn't I be at the end of puberty by now? Everything else is in working order. I'm 6"4, wide shoulders, normal genitals, broken voice... its just the moob and hair situation that is a bit alarming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a 19 year old male and I think theres something up with me. I have been going to the gym since the beginning of the year and started to lose a bit of weight and stuff, but I have pretty minging man boobs. I have pufty nipples that puff out and make my boobs look like actual boobs, especially when I am warm. Its not so bad at natural temperature or when I am cold but if I am too hot, like for instance in the steam room my nipples puff out and make my moobs a bit larger. I am slightly overweight but I don't seem to be losing any weight from my chest. I'm really muscular underneath though, I just don't seem to be able to shift this layer of fat.

I was wondering if it may have anything to do with high oestrogen levels and low testosterone? I still can't grow a full beard and my body hair in general hasn't really changed for a couple of years.

If this is the case, what do I do? I consulted a doctor early on in puberty about my nipples when they first came about and he said they would go away as I develop through puberty. Shouldn't I be at the end of puberty by now? Everything else is in working order. I'm 6"4, wide shoulders, normal genitals, broken voice... its just the moob and hair situation that is a bit alarming.

Hmm if you went to see your GP a few years ago then it might be worth going back to see them now, they might have a different answer.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.