Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Love it love it love it
    particularly like machu picchu & gratisfaction!
    thoughts on it?x

ReputationRep:
    Incredible record. I really like the tracks you said as well as Under Cover of Darkness, Games and Life is Simple In the Moonlight.

In fact, screw what I just said I love every track!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome album! Like some tracks more than others though. Would say Two Kinds of Happiness, Under Cover of Darkness and Life is Simple in the Moonlight are the current favourites.

ReputationRep:
    They're ****e.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it's so good! The songs I liked immediately were under cover of darkness, two kinds of happiness (awesome title btw, but haven't been able to decipher the correct lyrics yet ), taken for a fool aand life is simple in the moonlight !

ReputationRep:
    I think its amazing, I was really worried that they'd be moving into Chart Music... but they haven't!

Machu Picchu, You're So Right, Two Kinds Of Happiness and Taken For A Fool are brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    I think its amazing, the more you listen, the better it gets!

I like call me back and taken for a fool, and life is simple in the moonlight! ...but also every other song!
    Gratisfaction is cool too, bit of a thin lizzy influence!!!!

I can't wait to see them live ))

ReputationRep:
    I think it's as good as we could have hoped it to be, but it's nowhere near as good as 'Is This It?'.

Machu Picchu, Gratisfaction, Under Cover of Darkness, Life is Simple in the Moonlight and Taken for a Fool are all great.

The other songs range from good to 'what the hell were they thinking?'

ReputationRep:
    Once again they do deliver. Although it is nothing on Is This It it is still a very robust album. I've only listened twice and so this opinion is rather instinctive.

ReputationRep:
    Surprising, I thought they'd have had a bad album by now. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Strokes fan, but I honestly thought this had to be the disappointing one! Woop

ReputationRep:
    Just wish they release the dates for their tour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    Just wish they release the dates for their tour!
    Sameeeeeee. Apparently it's in july.

ReputationRep:
    Machu Picchu is brilliant, can't wait to see them at Leeds!

ReputationRep:
    It's alright. I have only listened to it once, does it get better upon repeated playing?
    They'll never top Is This It.

ReputationRep:
    FIoE is better than Is This It.

The band have evolved so all their albums are incomparable to each other imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    FIoE is better than Is This It.

The band have evolved so all their albums are incomparable to each other imo.
    Yeah, like the guy in the $4000 suit really thinks Is This It isn't their best album...

ReputationRep:
    I've sat on it for about two weeks now and, although I'd say that I find it one of their worst (I loved FIOE and the first two), it's got me really excited for their next one. Really love Machu Picchu, Undercover of Darkness and I'm coming round to some of the others too. AND they've reportedly already put the wheels in motion for album number 6!
    I wouldn't say no to another solo effort from Julian C. too. Completely loved Phrazes...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.