Turn on thread page Beta

Male chest and body hair - hot or not? watch

• View Poll Results: what do you think of male chest and body hairs?
    HOTTT!!!!
    28.04%
    gross/ dont like it
    21.03%
    i'm a guy and i shave mines
    17.76%
    i'm a guy and i like it hairy
    33.18%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerrama)
    Did you just do a google images search for 'oily muscular male' then?
    lol, no just bodybuilder.

ReputationRep:
    I had a girl laugh at my chest hair and told me to shave it because it was pitiful. Ever since then I have kept it shaved. Although now I'm probably old enough for it to grow back and be pretty decent looking/not patchy. Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    Most older women prefer the hairless look of a teenage boy. Younger women love the hairy chest, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alharrison4)
    >>This<< says more about the hotness of chest hair than any written argument ever could.

:love:

Ew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    Most older women prefer the hairless look of a teenage boy. Younger women love the hairy chest, though.
    *is younger and finds it gross*

ReputationRep:
    I would have a forest of chest hair if it ever grew...

ReputationRep:
    it is hot, manly and sexy looking

ReputationRep:
    I have never known a girl who really cares much about this.

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a damn!

I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with a girl who actually cares about my body hair.

Why are physical looks so important in relationships in our society nowadays anyway?

Are we just becoming more and more shallow by the decade?

Or is that too deep for a H&R thread on hair?

ReputationRep:
    SO HOT! it's all masculine and nice it frustrates me so much when guys want to wax their chest! no one wants a little boy!

ReputationRep:
    Men need body hair to show that they are men.

If you are thin and have no body hair, you look like a child. If you are fat and have no body hair, you look like a fat child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Ew.
    ... If that doesn't convince you that body hair is wildly attractive on the right man, perhaps you'll never be a convert

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planetearth)
    I don't give a damn!

I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with a girl who actually cares about my body hair.

Why are physical looks so important in relationships in our society nowadays anyway?

Are we just becoming more and more shallow by the decade?

Or is that too deep for a H&R thread on hair?
    Well, I doubt it particularly matters in a relationship... What this thread is about is initial attraction. I don't think it's necessarily indicative of shallowness.

ReputationRep:
    I really, really, really don't undersand why straight males, or any males really, would feel the need to shave their armpits?! I mean, chest and stomach, perhaaaaaps; but, armpits? Isn't that all a bit emasculating? Forget metrosexual, it's quite transexual- only you get to keep your d**k...just about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    i find male chest hair very hot and manly. :sexface:

am i alone in this? all my ex's shaved it off, all cute guys at the pool and the beach have no hairs except for old dudes, and in magazines like cosmo nudie-guy centrefold most dudes have no chest hair.

im latina, is is a racial genetic thing why i might prefer dudes with chest hair?

do white guys just not have any chest hair or do they shave it?

why do dudes shave the chest and back, how can they reach, and wtf is the look of a hairless chest and back, with hairy everywhere else - like if the hairy guy was accidently wearing a wax covered t shirt and ended up with a baldy torso?:confused:?????

i even knew a couple dudes who shave the place where a razor should never go. like whats up with that?
    It's generally younger women who find the lack of body hair attractive. Ladies who are 25+ (again, a generalisation, though that seems to be the transition point of young to more 'mature' women), it seems body hair is favoured and is seen as manly and sexy (as it is).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    dude i worked for years studying my tax exams. does that make it attractive to cute dudes>? no. as long as a dude is average weight he can hide sixpack or lack of, with a good bit of manly curly hair
    Hmmm. Sometimes just thinking about someone who knows their way around the tax system gets me excited

ReputationRep:
    Chest hair, fine. Back hair...not fine.

ReputationRep:
    A bit of chest hair never hurt nobody :drool::drool:

http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/f...804-294121.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I love a hairy chest. :sogood: It would be off-putting if a guy waxed anything but his back.

ReputationRep:
    People grow hair on their back? :lolwut:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.