Turn on thread page Beta

Male chest and body hair - hot or not? watch

• View Poll Results: what do you think of male chest and body hairs?
    HOTTT!!!!
    28.04%
    gross/ dont like it
    21.03%
    i'm a guy and i shave mines
    17.76%
    i'm a guy and i like it hairy
    33.18%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeeGRANT)
    I really, really, really don't undersand why straight males, or any males really, would feel the need to shave their armpits?! I mean, chest and stomach, perhaaaaaps; but, armpits? Isn't that all a bit emasculating? Forget metrosexual, it's quite transexual- only you get to keep your d**k...just about.
    It's neat and hygienic. Also it's very practical in summer or when doing sports, as it makes you sweat less. Nobody likes a smelly guy. From my personal experience, most girls like or at least don't mind shaved armpits on a guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    I do shave my pits, but stomach would just be a pain, plus a little bit of hair on a guy is nice.
    It's kind of hard to explain, but I do this to get rid of the "border" between the shaven part (further down there) and the hairy part on my lower stomach. This abrupt transition from hairy to non-hairy looks stupid IMO.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how much chest hair they have if it's only a little bit I don't mind but I prefer no hair on the chest .

ReputationRep:
    I like 'em hairy

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but not too much hair. And it depends on the guy though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like body hair and I have been spoilt with my current partner, due to his nationality he only has noticeable hair on his head, down south and a small bit between his pecks that runs down to his snail trail. It's lovely, couldn't imagine resting my head on a hairy chest when I've had his smooth one now, hehe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayTeeKay)
    Hmmm. Sometimes just thinking about someone who knows their way around the tax system gets me excited
    man, just you wait til i get my calculator and nerd glasses out :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, I'm no metrosexual I am not shaving my chest for anyone!!! Hair and tattoos on mine, blokes are supposed to have bodyhair, schoolboys don't you bunch of paedos!!

ReputationRep:
    guys , from the poll, most gals find it hott and most dudes like to keep it hairy. so why do all film stars and magazines show baldy chest dudes??? is it so they can make the unattainable male bald 6 pack image become epitmoe of male beuty as it is ot of reach of most mortals??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Pfft, I'm no metrosexual I am not shaving my chest for anyone!!! Hair and tattoos on mine, blokes are supposed to have bodyhair, schoolboys don't you bunch of paedos!!
    good for you man, AND you have a six pack. bring on the real men

ReputationRep:
    I have the body of a sexy 12 year old. Couldn't grow hair on my chest if I tried. Frankly, I'm glad. I'd look bloody weird with it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i don't really like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    good for you man, AND you have a six pack. bring on the real men
    There is a reason most lasses do actually prefer it, firstly TSR isn't the best social demograph being full of insecure little idiots, secondly it is natural and a result of testosterone - so scientifically it is more "Manly" which is why most women do actually prefer it!

Any man who spends so much time in the bathroom or wherver preening himself, shaving, waxing etc needs to strap a pair on and be a bloke!

Thank god most women are like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    There is a reason most lasses do actually prefer it, firstly TSR isn't the best social demograph being full of insecure little idiots, secondly it is natural and a result of testosterone - so scientifically it is more "Manly" which is why most women do actually prefer it!

Any man who spends so much time in the bathroom or wherver preening himself, shaving, waxing etc needs to strap a pair on and be a bloke!

Thank god most women are like you.
    unfortunately most men dont seem to be like you. in the gym, pool and beach all the buff shirtless dudes always have a shaved chest to show off their muscles. they think sixpack doesnt show if they have it hairy. i'd prefer hairy to a sixpack.

as for the large number of dudes that shave down there, what is up with that???????weird!!!! apparantly it makes something look larger

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love hairy men :sexface: if its dark though not blond (blond hair on the chest look very odd)

I like my man hairy, the only place i could tolerate trimming is pubic hair, the rest even the face i would prefer it with stubble and the rest of the body with the natural amount of hair.

Cant help it but i find it very sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    unfortunately most men dont seem to be like you. in the gym, pool and beach all the buff shirtless dudes always have a shaved chest to show off their muscles. they think sixpack doesnt show if they have it hairy. i'd prefer hairy to a sixpack.

as for the large number of dudes that shave down there, what is up with that???????weird!!!! apparantly it makes something look larger
    Its pretty simple really, they think a six pack won't show, they think things will look larger = they are totally insecure. Blokes just don't give a toss ha ha

ReputationRep:
    I don't like chest or underarm hair. I can't help but think of the sweat and bacteria harboring within!

ReputationRep:
    You're asking this on a forum full of prepubescent girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by identity)
    You're asking this on a forum full of prepubescent girls.
    ^^^ how does this make any difference?

alot of people here are 18-25 uni students. also when i was 19 my bf was 23 and hairy

ReputationRep:
    shaving armpits and whole body is for pussyholes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2011
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.