The Student Room Group

is it true that 9 fails with less than 55 minors added together = driving test pass??

is it true that if you fail 9x but have a total of less than 55 minors you pass automatically?

anyone done this? how do they check - do you need to keep all your green sheets or what?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no, not in any sense at all.

thats like saying; you are almost there so we'll let you pass anyway, it doesn't work like that!
If you fail your driving test 9 times you should be banned from driving forever.
Reply 3
Wtf? Of course not :s-smilie: Where did you get this?
Reply 4
I don't think so, but is it true that if you fail 10 times your not allowed to take another test for a certain amount of time
Reply 5
That is completely absurd. If you've failed nine tests, I think it's fair to say you shouldn't be on the road.
why don't you try it and find out for us, OP? :smile:
Original post by shinytoy
is it true that if you fail 9x but have a total of less than 55 minors you pass automatically?

anyone done this? how do they check - do you need to keep all your green sheets or what?

Whaaaaaaaaaat? :lolwut:

So you're saying if you were to write off nine cars while pulling out of the test centre on nine different tests, thereby getting a total of nine dangerous faults but no minors, you would pass?

How could you possibly think that was true?
Reply 8

Original post by boba
I don't think so, but is it true that if you fail 10 times your not allowed to take another test for a certain amount of time

No to both of the above :sigh: , and if anyone fails 9 tests then they shouldn't be on the roads.
Reply 9
Original post by kat2pult
No to both of the above :sigh: , and if anyone fails 9 tests then they shouldn't be on the roads.

huh I wonder where I got that from then
Cue rich kids skipping learning to drive, booking nine tests in a row and 'failing' the eyesight test each time.

No. No this is not true.
Reply 11

I wonder if anyone has even failed that much? if it has been done you'd think they'd have taken the hint to take more lessons, get a new instructor or give up altogether.
Reply 12
Original post by posietoes
Wtf? Of course not :s-smilie: Where did you get this?

five of my mates told me they had each heard this. i also googled it and other peopel had said it as well.

Original post by boba

where does it say this? how do you know?

if you pass your test even on the 100th time you can be on the road - there is no limit.
Reply 13
if you pass your test even on the 100th time you can be on the road - there is no limit.

No, but I'd be rather anxious sitting in a car when the person driving took more than 5 attempts to do so. My dad took 4 tests and he's an awful driver, my uncle took 6 and he's even worse than my dad. I think there's a definite correlation there.

Having said that, some people who passed first time got lucky.
Reply 14
Original post by KJane
I wonder if anyone has even failed that much? if it has been done you'd think they'd have taken the hint to take more lessons, get a new instructor or give up altogether.

im on attempt 6, and two guys at work took 7 attempes each
Reply 15
So they let you pass, after proving rather expertly that you cannot drive to pass-standard? I'm a little sceptical. There's nothing right with that idea at all.
Reply 16
My teacher passed on her 6th, good luck with yours, but failing at 9? That's like what? £558, they could have brought another like 20 lessons and improved.
Reply 17
Having said that, some people who passed first time got lucky.

I agree with this. I know I was lucky :colondollar:
Reply 18
Original post by aliluvschoc
So they let you pass, after proving rather expertly that you cannot drive to pass-standard? I'm a little sceptical. There's nothing right with that idea at all.

i dunno - my mates said it was cos by getting under 6 minors on each, you show good general driving. an instructor has to pass his test with under 6 minors too so it might be right
Reply 19
five of my mates told me they had each heard this. i also googled it and other peopel had said it as well.

where does it say this? how do you know?

well apparently I was wrong. I think I heard it on a tv show aha

Quick Reply

Latest