Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm being stupid here, but trying to work out how long a flight to Canada from the UK takes.

Plane leaves UK at 9.15 and gets in at Vancouver at 10.25 - there's an 7 hour time difference (Canada 7hrs behind) so does that mean that the flight would get into Vancouver at 17.25 UK time, and therefore be 8hrs long?

Sorry if it's a stupid question!

ReputationRep:
    I booked a flight to Vancouver from London Gatwick last week and it's nine hours long.

Leaves London at 12.10pm local time
    Arrives Vancouver at 2.10pm local time.

Flight is nine hours long cos the arrival time of 2.10pm plus the 7 hours time difference makes it 9.10pm London time....

Yours is eight hours long cos your arrival time of 10.25 (I'm guessing AM?) plus the 7 hours would make it 5.25PM London time, 8 hours and 10 mins after you departed at 9.15am.

Ahhhh it sounds complicated when written down! Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Na, I'm with you, that's pretty much what I was thinking it was - flying from Glasgow so suppose that's why it's a wee bit shorter. When are you flying? Holiday?

I'm away for a month as an end of uni treat to myself - never really been abroad before and going to stay with second cousins then driving through the rockies at the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    Na, I'm with you, that's pretty much what I was thinking it was - flying from Glasgow so suppose that's why it's a wee bit shorter. When are you flying? Holiday?

I'm away for a month as an end of uni treat to myself - never really been abroad before and going to stay with second cousins then driving through the rockies at the end
    Oh awesome - that sounds like a great plan. Good choice for a first big trip abroad!!

I'm moving to Canada for a few years in November, probably staying around Western Canada, though I'm sure we will go visit my boyfriend's family in New Brunswick (total opposite side of the hugeee country) at some point.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.