Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Was planning on travelling from Bham new street to Cheltenham spa tomorrow and the prices in the off peak times (showing online) were all around £9 until about an hour ago when suddenly all the prices have changed to £21? Why has this just happened? I can't imagine they've all sold out for every off peak train that day and I can't think of any other reason for the sudden price change?

Dan

ReputationRep:
    What time are you travelling?

The 'changeover' would have occurred at 18:00 which is the cut off time for buying Advance tickets for the next day. The standard off peak fare if returning the same day is £20.50 or £21.10 if returning another day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    What time are you travelling?

The 'changeover' would have occurred at 18:00 which is the cut off time for buying Advance tickets for the next day. The standard off peak fare if returning the same day is £20.50 or £21.10 if returning another day.
    Ahhh it might have been then then.

But I want to travel only one way at anytime around 1-3ish tomorrow. Do you think if I go to the station itself they might be cheaper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danhirons)
    Ahhh it might have been then then.

But I want to travel only one way at anytime around 1-3ish tomorrow. Do you think if I go to the station itself they might be cheaper?
    £20.40 one way

It's only cheaper if you book in advance (i.e. before 18:00 the day before).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    £20.40 one way

It's only cheaper if you book in advance (i.e. before 18:00 the day before).
    I went in January though and it wasn't even that much for a return ticket and that was bought on the day!!!! Robbing b*******!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.