Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Was planning on travelling from Bham new street to Cheltenham spa tomorrow and the prices in the off peak times (showing online) were all around £9 until about an hour ago when suddenly all the prices have changed to £21? Why has this just happened? I can't imagine they've all sold out for every off peak train that day and I can't think of any other reason for the sudden price change?

Dan

ReputationRep:
    What time are you travelling?

The 'changeover' would have occurred at 18:00 which is the cut off time for buying Advance tickets for the next day. The standard off peak fare if returning the same day is £20.50 or £21.10 if returning another day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    What time are you travelling?

The 'changeover' would have occurred at 18:00 which is the cut off time for buying Advance tickets for the next day. The standard off peak fare if returning the same day is £20.50 or £21.10 if returning another day.
    Ahhh it might have been then then.

But I want to travel only one way at anytime around 1-3ish tomorrow. Do you think if I go to the station itself they might be cheaper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danhirons)
    Ahhh it might have been then then.

But I want to travel only one way at anytime around 1-3ish tomorrow. Do you think if I go to the station itself they might be cheaper?
    £20.40 one way

It's only cheaper if you book in advance (i.e. before 18:00 the day before).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    £20.40 one way

It's only cheaper if you book in advance (i.e. before 18:00 the day before).
    I went in January though and it wasn't even that much for a return ticket and that was bought on the day!!!! Robbing b*******!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.