Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    those are the suburbs doh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sashari)
    I live in Hertfordshire - it's an old people area -.-'
    Hertfordshire is a huge county, i live in watford, which is full of young people especially people from London. So you can't say all of Hertfordshire is an old people area, its a huge well spread out county.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yas01)
    Hertfordshire is a huge county, i live in watford, which is full of young people especially people from London. So you can't say all of Hertfordshire is an old people area, its a huge well spread out county.
    That's definitely a good point, but this area is an old people's area It is not fun!

ReputationRep:
    I visited the University last week and I loved it! The town Hatfield seems a bit quiet and lifeless,and when you jump off the train it is hard to believe there is a university in this town,but once you get to the uni you realise its a lively vibrant place. The course content for what I want to do looks much more difficult compared to my other unis but that has not put me off the university at all! The atmosphere is great....sorry if I'm ranting on abit but the campus is lovely and the facilities and technology are all modern and up to date! I wish I had made it my firm now,but instead its my insurance but oh well lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColonelMoore)
    I study at Herts, doing 3D Animation.

Pros:

- Close to London
    - Safe campus
    - Enormous LRC
    - Decent Accommodation
    - Good sports facilities

Cons:

- Is in Hatfield, where theres frankly not a great amount to do
    - Excels in some areas of study, but not all. For instance, the 3D Animation course here is one of the top two in the country. Whether the same could be said for English Lit here, I don't know.
    Totally agree with that. The only good thing about Hatfield is the petrol is ASDA is reasonably priced, and as someone who likes history, Hatfield house is there. Although I think its actually a good thing some subjects are awfula nd some are excellent. I think I would prefer to see the uni spend more on some courses, and make them really good, then spend an equal amount on all the courses and be pretty average.
    Also add to the pros - the formuls studet team is the shizz ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francistheswole)
    i went to the open day. the uni looks amazing, dehav especially. Facilities are amazing from what i saw.

huge lrc, sports village etc. accommodation is very modern and high quality. it's got a shopping center near by.now that's all good but if you fancy a good night out (clubbing) the forum is decent but i would think after a week or two going to the same place it'll get boring.

so the night life i expect will probably be ****. when you compare it to a uni like NTU

but university is what you make it
    Quite a lot of people go to Stevenage at night. Its not far away and its pretty sick for nightlife ;D

ReputationRep:
    PROS:

Good facilities.
    Tutors will help with your queries.
    Nice social spaces and societies.
    Much emphasis on helping you find work / volunteering. Red hot on those matters.
    Friendly peers - students satisfied with their courses.
    Fine university - in the top 45 in one league table.

CONS:

It's in Hatfield - not much of an atmosphere.
    Nighttlife isn't much - apart from the Forum on the College Lane campus.

ReputationRep:
    The campus is great, there's lots going on, the nightlife is good in the forum on certain days and good in the ele house on others, St Albsns isn't far away and Batchwood can be a good night out too. I think the facilities are pretty good, the LRCs are awesome and open 24 hours. I haven't really got anything bad to say about herts it's a good uni. You get some pratts walking around who are only at the uni so they aren't on the doll and the surrounding area is pretty run down, but other than that it's got a lot going for it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.