Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE History results. Were anyone else's bad? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got my results on March 10th for my History exam which I sat in January 2011 (ASPTS GERMANY 1918-45) it was 45% overall grade.

I felt confident that I had done well as I didn't find the exam too hard. However when i got my results I got an A 75/90 I know an A is good and I am pleased but I was predicted an A*. I came off lucky though as loads of people in my year got bad marks like D's and C's when they were predicted A*'s Out of 60 pupils only 1 person got an A* and usually most people have A's and A*'s. 10 went back for re-mark but they didn't come back higher, Basically everyone is re-taking - but I'm not.

Our marks are on average two grades less than what we all got in the mocks. Has anyone else's school had this problem? It's so frustrating as we don't know what went wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I was exactly the same, I got my Edexcel USA 1919-41 paper results back for Jan 2011 and got a C. I was atleast expecting an A. Mine has been sent for remark and the paper has been requested back but still not heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same thing in my school. Well my history class is really smart and no got and A* although there were loads of As and Bs for the American west module.
    I think there was definetly something wrong with the marking. If its just not my school whos like this.

ReputationRep:
    stop beating yourself over an A. Its an A and it doesnt matter if there is a star on the end

ReputationRep:
    Seen as though you are doing modular, you can bump it up in the next module and/or your coursework. My school doesn't offer modular, we have to do our whole GCSE in summer, so no retakes. Consider yourself lucky, especially with an A.

ReputationRep:
    Like Medicine through time, I made no effort; didn't revise and didn't even finish the paper. I messed up on the last question and re-started with another questions with a mere 10 minutes to spare and I didn't even do question 6. I quickly did it, went to question 6 with 4 minutes remaining. I didn't finish it either. I was feeling really down and disappointed at my self. Then viola! Got my result and it was a secure B. I was shocked, normally, I hate Bs except for Maths, but I was really happy considering how crap I thought I did. This is the second time it has happened to me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.