Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any idea why this is? my bank details are up to date and at first it said all payments were approved but now they're blocked?

p/s I'm talking about 2010/11 cycle not this one.

ReputationRep:
    Same is happening to me! for the 2010/2011 cycle I've only just applied (last month or so) and well less than a week ago my payments were "Approved", now they're "Blocked". I called them a few days back, they said everything was in order they had checked everything, yesterday however after I saw "blocked" i called again to hear that apparently they need to check that I've actually attended uni........ Said that might take a week! LOL.
    I wonder how hard is it to pick up a phone and ask is mr ... ...... a student of yours on the ... ... .. programme? :|

Just saw that you posted this a month ago, any luck since? :P if so how long did it take until you got your cash?I just need to go on a holiday!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4alisutza)
    i called again to hear that apparently they need to check that I've actually attended uni........ Said that might take a week! LOL.
    I wonder how hard is it to pick up a phone and ask is mr ... ...... a student of yours on the ... ... .. programme? :|
    When you've got thousands of students calling you every hour you're open, and a huge backlog of applications to get through, I'd say it's pretty hard to do it straight away.

ReputationRep:
    Blocked = SFE validating your national insurance number with HMRC. Once it's returned, your payments will go back to Approved.

ReputationRep:
    Could also be blocked if post sent to the address you were given is returned to SFE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missy22)
    Blocked = SFE validating your national insurance number with HMRC. Once it's returned, your payments will go back to Approved.
    Yes that was the cause. No need to panic people.

ReputationRep:
    got your payments? :P After chasing them for 5 days they spoke to some other department to get me unblocked and said my status should be updated and i should receive £££ in the next 5 working days! WOHOO !

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.