Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any idea why this is? my bank details are up to date and at first it said all payments were approved but now they're blocked?

p/s I'm talking about 2010/11 cycle not this one.

ReputationRep:
    Same is happening to me! for the 2010/2011 cycle I've only just applied (last month or so) and well less than a week ago my payments were "Approved", now they're "Blocked". I called them a few days back, they said everything was in order they had checked everything, yesterday however after I saw "blocked" i called again to hear that apparently they need to check that I've actually attended uni........ Said that might take a week! LOL.
    I wonder how hard is it to pick up a phone and ask is mr ... ...... a student of yours on the ... ... .. programme? :|

Just saw that you posted this a month ago, any luck since? :P if so how long did it take until you got your cash?I just need to go on a holiday!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4alisutza)
    i called again to hear that apparently they need to check that I've actually attended uni........ Said that might take a week! LOL.
    I wonder how hard is it to pick up a phone and ask is mr ... ...... a student of yours on the ... ... .. programme? :|
    When you've got thousands of students calling you every hour you're open, and a huge backlog of applications to get through, I'd say it's pretty hard to do it straight away.

ReputationRep:
    Blocked = SFE validating your national insurance number with HMRC. Once it's returned, your payments will go back to Approved.

ReputationRep:
    Could also be blocked if post sent to the address you were given is returned to SFE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missy22)
    Blocked = SFE validating your national insurance number with HMRC. Once it's returned, your payments will go back to Approved.
    Yes that was the cause. No need to panic people.

ReputationRep:
    got your payments? :P After chasing them for 5 days they spoke to some other department to get me unblocked and said my status should be updated and i should receive £££ in the next 5 working days! WOHOO !

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.