Turn on thread page Beta

Medical work experience in london watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    please help me does anyone know were to get medical work experience in london prefferbly near tooting/morden/sutton/kingston.

Thnx this will help alot.

Ibz

(Original post by ibtasam)
    [size="4"][color="red"]please help me does anyone know were to get medical work experience in london prefferbly near tooting/morden/sutton/kingston.

Ibz[/color][/size]
    What year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    If you looked a little harder, you'll find some 'medical work experience'.

ReputationRep:
    i think st. heliers let people volunteer. But ur only in year 10 so u dont need to worry yet. btw u cud have just asked me after all I AM YOUR SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Google the hospitals near you, plus the words "work experience". Most major hospitals have a coordinator for this kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah seriously its probably best to walk in and ask direct, cuts all the time searching on the internet good luck
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    go on the nhs website,most hospitals have a volunteer system, you won't be able to do much though as you're a bit too young for their insurance to cover you. The odd hospital has shadowing opportunities, but you need to prove that you are really interested in the career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibtasam)
    please help me does anyone know were to get medical work experience in london prefferbly near tooting/morden/sutton/kingston.

Ibz
    I did some at Kingston Hospital. It was a few years ago but they had a form on their website which covered all work experience requests. You had to fill in the form, add your CV and tick which areas you wanted to do work experience in, so definitely search on their website.

EDIT - seems they're now saying just contact a department. It took literally 2 clicks to get to this page http://www.kingstonhospital.nhs.uk/working-for-us/work-experience ! Improve your research skills and use your initiative, they're vital for university.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.