Turn on thread page Beta

Caste system vs Tribal system watch

• View Poll Results: Which would produce a stronger social structure?
    Tribal System
    88.89%
    Caste System
    11.11%

ReputationRep:
    Which would you prefer if you had to pick one?

Tribalism in this context celebrating loyalty to one's tribal elder(s), respecting fellow tribesmen and following a strict tribal law.

Caste system in this context meaning one owes one's place in society due to the cicrumstances in which they were born. It would be rare for someone to move to a different caste in a short-term period.

Yes, we know they are both backward systems and we would prefer it if neither were present but I want to discuss the merits and demerits of both systems and which would ultimately be a better system for a society.

(Yes I know you can have tribalism within a caste system but let us assume they are mutually exclusive)

ReputationRep:
    tribalism easy.

much more flexible and able to adapt to the changing environment. At least on a small scale. Large scale tribalism doesnt work so well i dont think. Meritocracy as well. the most intelligent/brutal/skillful leader will be the tribal elder.

ReputationRep:
    I saw this thread and thought "Tribal Wars!" :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Both are very primitive and inferior compared to Western civilisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald City)
    Both are very primitive and inferior compared to Western civilisation.
    I refer you to:

(Original post by Pukhtun)
    Yes, we know they are both backward systems and we would prefer it if neither were present but I want to discuss the merits and demerits of both systems and which would ultimately be a better system for a society.
    So....?

I ask again, what would you prefer and why?

ReputationRep:
    Has someone been playing Civilization IV?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beneb)
    Has someone been playing Civilization IV?
    LOL, last time I played it was in September...

I got rid of my games to concentrate on my work.

ReputationRep:
    Tribal system. Caste is only there to protect the elites, and people who create systems to protect their own interests (and of fear of not being able to cope without being on top) are mentally unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    Any pros to the caste system?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Caste system is weakend by the bottom rung. An influentiol leader cause easily cause an uprising. Tribal systems are more equal and generally work better.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.