The Student Room Group

Advice wanted: how to deal with being a laughing stock

People here and at work know my username so this needs to stay private please. Or delete the whole thread.

If you knew that somebody who you work with actively treated you like a private joke with another group of people at work, what would you do?

This happens to me, but although I tend to stand up for myself by refusing to have anything to do with the others (like even refuse to say hello), I wonder if it is actually the right to do, because ultimately I don't have any friends at work - that's why I am bullied in the first place because I am weak.

It is difficult to know whether I do the right thing, because ultimately perhaps my life is only going to get easier by trying to convince these people that I am actually not weak? And I fail at that because I act like I am too scared to talk to them, i.e. weakness?

Advice please.
If you can't beat em, join em. By which i mean look in a mirror, point and laugh.
Support Arsenal. Then you'll be with plenty of others in your situation.
why do u get picked on for well for me im quiet so ppl always can make jokes about me but i always say hi to them and just ignore them they do it behind my back like but to be honest i dont care about them and just chill with my real friends who like me for who i am
Reply 4
April fools day is coming up, or in other words, the prank them in a really embarrassing way. Just make sure they don't know it's you.

That's the sort of thing I'd do.

Get your head down and think of something, and then have some REAL fun..
Reply 5
why do they pick on you?you might just be being paranoid
Reply 6
i would hardly say not talking to anyone is standing up for yourself.

isolating yourself will only create more problems, you should join in with the joke and give back as good as you get.
Reply 7
Laugh along with it/at them.
Reply 8
Tell your boss.

Or confront the attackers and tell them to get lost.
Reply 9
Tell Human resources, if they failed to do anything. Sue and bring home 100k
Reply 10
erm... ignoring people and not saying hello, makes you look like a weird prick and if anything, even weaker
i would never take anyone like that seriously
Reply 11
Do stand-up
Original post by f00ddude
erm... ignoring people and not saying hello, makes you look like a weird prick and if anything, even weaker

Your sig is the truest thing I have seen on this forum, EVER.
Reply 13
Original post by f00ddude

OP here, keep anon please

But they never say hello to me either. Does that make them look weak and weird? If not, then why do I look weird and they don't? I don't get it.
Bit late but I'm getting this a lot. I'm a big guy with a huge beard. I also have special needs so im getting the piss taken out of me everyday. I've known these guys allmy life one of them is my brother but Its getting old and it ****s me off to be honest especially if there's hot girls around and it gets embarrassing I shout at them and storm off sometimes when it gets like this. There pranks an jokes are like being on a building site.
Probably grow up and deal with it..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending