Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello Everyone,

    I am currently a postgrad in the UK and have a question regarding the work visa. For now, it seems I will not be able to get my Masters because I have been struggling. I will probably be rewarded a postgraduate Diploma but the Masters seems unlikely. My question, is there a barrier of some sort if I want to apply for a work visa as a student resident? If, for instance, I don't get to go onto the dissertation portion of my Masters, what happens to my visa? Is it made invalid immediately? And if I didnt get the Masters will it look bad if I apply for a work visa? I have work experience here and back home have worked consistently so I think I could manage in finding a job here depsite my not being able to get the Masters. I just wanna know if anyone has done this already. Would I have to go back home to apply for the visa or could I do it while I am here? Any help is appreciated specially if you've been in the same situation.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.