Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone,

I am currently a postgrad in the UK and have a question regarding the work visa. For now, it seems I will not be able to get my Masters because I have been struggling. I will probably be rewarded a postgraduate Diploma but the Masters seems unlikely. My question, is there a barrier of some sort if I want to apply for a work visa as a student resident? If, for instance, I don't get to go onto the dissertation portion of my Masters, what happens to my visa? Is it made invalid immediately? And if I didnt get the Masters will it look bad if I apply for a work visa? I have work experience here and back home have worked consistently so I think I could manage in finding a job here depsite my not being able to get the Masters. I just wanna know if anyone has done this already. Would I have to go back home to apply for the visa or could I do it while I am here? Any help is appreciated specially if you've been in the same situation.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.