The Student Room Group

My friend is broke...

My friend is an international student from Nigeria. He's broke and has no money for food as he spent it all on shoes, clothes e.t.c
His dad is a surgeon and has his own practice and his mother is a dentist.
I kinda feel bad for him. He's a huge guy and won't get money til Friday so he plans on sleeping til then.
Should i help him out by giving him one of my pizzas? I know i'd like it if someone helped me.
I just went to see him now.
HELP???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He could try internet scams. I mean I assume he already does, but still..
Reply 2
Give him some Asda Noodles! Yum!
Reply 3
Help him out. You never know when you might need help, and he'll probs remember it :smile:
Reply 4
What....you have a pizza and didn't already give it to him?
Original post by Silver Arrow
My friend is an international student from Nigeria. He's broke and has no money for food as he spent it all on shoes, clothes e.t.c
I kinda feel bad for him. He's a huge guy and won't get money til Friday so he plans on sleeping til then.
Should i help him out by giving him one of my pizzas? I know i'd like it if someone helped me.
HELP???

If he's your friend of course you should help him out! How could you justify leaving him to starve for three days?
Reply 6
Original post by Liam 09

Thick **** go choke on fat phallus !
Reply 7
HELP???

BOOHOO.
His parents in those professions and they won't help him? Shame on them.
Reply 9
So the guy spends all his money on a shopping spree AND gets free pizza. Nice!
Reply 10
You could give him £5 to help him get by until friday, but don't help him out too much as he needs to learn to prioritise what he spends his money on i.e. food comes before clothes and shoes.
Reply 11
Original post by Liam 09

LOL! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Thick **** go choke on fat phallus !

Your friend is the thick one, he spent all his food money on shoes and clothes, which is more important in the short term?
AS you for you, do you have a stockpile of pizza's or something?
I wouldn't help if he wasted it all on clothes and stuff, he won't loan if people always bail him out.
Reply 14
Don't help him, ive been flat broke a few times at uni and was bailed out 3 times, i got bailed out so didnt care about doing it again. 4th time i couldnt get bailed out (my rents were pissed id spent nearly 4k in a term) and lived off 4.80 in 10ps and 20ps for a week
hasn't been a 5th time as i learnt my lesson
now i drink white ace to ensure it doesnt happen again :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
HELP???

LOOOOL...Your friend is broke...and you deciding whther to give him a pizza? are you serious?
Reply 16
He's rich enough to afford international fees but daft enough with money to waste everything he has on shoes and clothes? He deserves it.

You can't let him starve, so get down a value supermarket and buy him some very cheap bread or noodles. Request the money back when he gets his next amount of money. (On principle, rather than just as a cheapskate thing to do). When he gets more money, make him budget it to last how long he actually has to make it last, so he has a maximum amount to blow on shoes and clothes. Yeah, this sounds harsh especially considering that he's your friend, but really, spending it all on shoes and clothes? I have no sympathy.
Reply 17
Both of his parents are professionals, and he has spent all of his money on material things like shoes and clothes? Forget those ASDA noodles.

He needs to man up - there's a legitimate need for charity and then there's someone who needs to learn that spending your money unwisely will land your ass broke.

If he is in a bad predicament then by all means, do the decent thing and offer him some food. But if he thinks 'sleeping in until Friday' will get him somewhere, he needs to think again.
I give it five out of a maximum 10 for a troll.
Original post by Liam 09

AS you for you, do you have a stockpile of pizza's or something?

Yes i do. Post your address and i'll send you one yeah?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending