Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else thought uni would be more different watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Then you've got to be pretty thick for it not to have occured to you that working class people work.

Enjoy cleaning up coffee mugs!
    I'm in Mensa and last week I got into Princeton....

Also, spot on with the coffee mug cleaning: I work in Starbucks.

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with being immature? Your alive for ~80 years, have to be mature when you get a job, have children etc, etc whats wrong with just enjoying yourself while you still can?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)

Passing entrance exams doesn't mean you've got any common sense.

If anything it's just a poor reflection of Princeton that one of their students would post such rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freakingout!)
    Are you Cicerao's bf by any chance? :laugh:

"you need people need to get out more"...Now who's making assumptions.. :rolleyes:

Only you have made an assumption, not me.

Im not assuming that when her BF was her age, ahe was 10 years old...That's a fact....

And the fact that the age gap is still, very weird, is very, very relevant to their present situation! She's not a fully grown adult....she's a young adult at best, but she's actually still a teenager tbh. Trust me, when you 19, you think your fully grown, but you are not. You will only learn this when you get older. (or just ask Cicerao's bf, i'm sue he's wise enough to know this lol

30 year old men do not normally go out with 19 year olds...correct?

Why do you think this is?

I'd love to hear your reason as to why these sorts of relationships aren't common.

BTW, are there any males that would let their 19 yeard daughter sleep around with a 30 year old? I don't think their are many. Why is this?

:cool:
    my mum and dad have a twelve year age gap, she was 21 and he was 33 when they met, only 2 years older than OP is now...
    24 years later they're still married. age gaps mean nothing when you're adults.

ReputationRep:
    Passing entrance exams doesn't mean you've got any common sense.

If anything it's just a poor reflection of Princeton that one of their students would post such rubbish.
    Common sense and intelligence are vastly different.

But, the funny thing is that you've gotton wound up over someone who was bored and decided to provoke some unperceptive ***** on TSR.... geuss that worked huh?

ReputationRep:
    Common sense and intelligence are vastly different.

But, the funny thing is that you've gotton wound up over someone who was bored and decided to provoke some unperceptive ***** on TSR.... geuss that worked huh?
    Oh I'm not wound up. You think I've gotten offended because of your joke, don't you?

I'm laughing at you for thinking yourself funny, my dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have never had problems making friends, and I have never had problems finding someone similar to me back home. I am not anti-partying or anything, I just prefer it in a different form than the stuff going on at uni. If there is something wrong with a person for not wanting to get so drunk that you throw up (past the age of 16), then there is a problem with society, not me. If I stand alone in saying that, so be it.
    I'm the same. I love to party to good music with a sufficient amount of alcohol to enjoy myself (and then only because I like the taste of it, not because I think it makes me look good), but I would never intentionally get to the point where I feel ill/throw up/do something stupid.

I think, though, if you look hard enough, you will find others who think similarly to you.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm not wound up. You think I've gotten offended because of your joke, don't you?

I'm laughing at you for thinking yourself funny, my dear.

You may think I'm stupid, but if you think I'm stupid enough to believe this, then I'm insulted.

Anyway, thanks for the entertainment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freakingout!)
    Could you please clarify what type of photos these are? (give me an example!)

you sound quite timid to be honest....I think you may have to grow up and realise, that even when people have LEFT uni, and are working, they still have the right to have a social life, and still have the right to have a pyjama party.

You make it sound as if people in top jobs don't go out and get so bladdered they throw up...or have fancy dress parties etc. news flash, THEY DO!

OP, ever heard of 'work hard play hard?' I feel that the people that subscribe to this ideology the most, are usually the most well rounded...
    So being able to produce your entire stomach contents makes you "well-rounded?"

I'd argue that, yes, social activities make you well-rounded, as opposed to just sitting in a room studying, but I think what the OP is saying is that there's a line between enjoying yourself in a vaguely mature manner and just being a complete idiot. It doesn't show a great deal of maturity or self-respect to decorate the streets with last night's meal after getting yourself thrown out of a club for excessively rowdy behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LornaSandison1)
    I think, though, if you look hard enough, you will find others who think similarly to you.
    Yeah I agree with this, I dont drink but at the same time i'm not reclusive. University, well especially the one I've set my eye on has a large student population so I'm SURE there will be people who dont get trashed every night - guess you just have to be vigilant enough to find them!

ReputationRep:
    "I don't beleev you!".
    You keep telling yourself that

ReputationRep:

One of my friends is in Mensa. As much as I adore her, she has the same level of common sense as my pet guinea pig. Just thought I'd put that out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Yeah I agree with this, I dont drink but at the same time i'm not reclusive. University, well especially the one I've set my eye on has a large student population so I'm SURE there will be people who dont get trashed every night - guess you just have to be vigilant enough to find them!
    Yep, makes perfect sense to me. The day that you have to drink to make friends is the day I think I will do myself in.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends is in Mensa. As much as I adore her, she has the same level of common sense as my pet guinea pig. Just thought I'd put that out there.
    They let a 2 year old in mensa, it's not exactly something to brag about.

ReputationRep:
    See post 66.

ReputationRep:

Relative not absolute scaling.

ReputationRep:
    Well, Mensa is relative, so it certainly shows some ability to reason/answer Mensa-style questions. It's toally unrelated to common sense though.

ReputationRep:
    See post 66.
    Mhm, agreed.

To be honest, and this is no slight on you, I have no idea what Mensa shows. My friend doesn't get the best grades in class, as you would expect. Although, on reflection, that's probably because she doesn't put the effort in. She asks the most ridiculous questions sometimes though.

ReputationRep:
    Well, Mensa is relative, so it certainly shows some ability to reason/answer Mensa-style questions. It's toally unrelated to common sense though.
    That was my point: a 2 year old can't function in society. They have no social skills, life experience, rationality, common sense, humour, imagination, reflexivity. Just a high logic skill. Hence why bragging about your mensa membership is a bit pointless.

ReputationRep:
    A lot depends on what uni/halls you are at.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.