Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What healthy lunches do you take to work? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have ran out of ideas for healthy lunches to take to work with me. I dont know much about cooking etc so usually make pasta, tuna, cucumber mayonaise and mix it all together the put in the fridge for the next day, or else ham and cucumber wrap. I work out and train a lot in athletics so need a balanced diet and I want roughly the same carbs each day as I have type 1 diabetes. Was just looking for some adeas? I see people with all this fancy food in lunch boxes and I dont know what half of it is.

ReputationRep:
    I have salad every single day. Yes, very boring, haha. Mixed lettuce leaves, cucumber, peppers, red onion/spring onion, usually with tuna/salmon (no mayo, ew) with chilli flakes sprinkled over it (makes it a bit more interesting!), or whatever leftover food I might have from the night before (bolognese, chilli, pasta, chicken stew, boiled potatoes, etc). I always make it in the morning before work though, otherwise it gets soggy - it's bad enough anyway by lunchtime, even though I cut the watery bit out of the cucumber and pat the cucumber/peppers a little with kitchen towel to get rid of some moisture!

Most people in my office have salad/leftovers/soup tbh, I don't really see many interesting/fancy lunches at work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    I have salad every single day. Yes, very boring, haha. Mixed lettuce leaves, cucumber, peppers, red onion/spring onion, usually with tuna/salmon (no mayo, ew) with chilli flakes sprinkled over it (makes it a bit more interesting!), or whatever leftover food I might have from the night before (bolognese, chilli, pasta, chicken stew, boiled potatoes, etc). I always make it in the morning before work though, otherwise it gets soggy - it's bad enough anyway by lunchtime, even though I cut the watery bit out of the cucumber and pat the cucumber/peppers a little with kitchen towel to get rid of some moisture!

Most people in my office have salad/leftovers/soup tbh, I don't really see many interesting/fancy lunches at work!
    well maybe its just the different coloured leaves or something confusing me. Thanks for that, I must learn how to make chilli too!

ReputationRep:
    PRAWNS!

Salad

ReputationRep:
    I always take a little tub of pasta and pesto, mmm.

ReputationRep:
    Quesadillas? Take 2 tortillas, in between, your choice of cheese, vegetables/meat/salad/fish etc. Toast it. Cut it into pizza slice sizes, bit more interesting

ReputationRep:
    A wholemeal pitta bread filled with a boiled egg or ham, spinach, beetroot and spring onion. Adding in other salad veg if I can be bothered. I always have it with a low fat yoghurt and some fruit. I used to have salad every day (lettuce, spinach, peppers, cucumber, spring onion, with either egg, ham or light mozzarella cheese) but then I got lazy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.