Turn on thread page Beta

My friends started smoking how do I help her? watch

please guys help there she is below she just doesnt know when to stop she cant even do her job properly because her postures horrible

ReputationRep:
    Just let her enjoy the bud.

ReputationRep:
    :no: Just be happy that she's not taking weed like most girls of her sort do these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    :no: Just be happy that she's not taking weed like most girls of her sort do these days.
    Cannabis is less harmful than cigarettes. It's also not physically addictive. Cannabis is a much better thing to smoke than cigarettes.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be more worried about the giant about to nick her fag!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    I think she was taking weed before she started cigarettes. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Just wait until winter. Trust me. She wont be around for long...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planar)
    Cannabis is less harmful than cigarettes. It's also not physically addictive. Cannabis is a much better thing to smoke than cigarettes.
    I disagree. Becoming a lazy stoner is worse than becoming a smoker.

ReputationRep:
    Buy her a lighter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bognor-regis)
    Here's an idea: why don't we NOT make the OP's thread into a prissy little ''drugs are bad'' campaign?

ReputationRep:
    If she wants to smoke, let her smoke. If she wanted to quit she would do. I'm sure she's fully aware of the dangers of smoking.

ReputationRep:
    I think you missed the joke, look at the spoiler in the op's post lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in_vogue)
    Here's an idea: why don't we NOT make the OP's thread into a prissy little ''drugs are bad'' campaign?
    I smoke weed on a weekly basis. I'm not anti drugs at all. But I can say for a fact that smoking weed has had a more damaging effect on my life than smoking tobacco.

You were just looking for an opportunity to be an uppity little so and so.

Meh leave her to it?

ReputationRep:
    Supply her with cigarettes

ReputationRep:
    I smoke weed on a weekly basis. I'm not anti drugs at all. But I can say for a fact that smoking weed has had a more damaging effect on my life than smoking tobacco.

You were just looking for an opportunity to be an uppity little so and so.
    Not really mate. I smoke it on a daily basis. And I can say for a fact it hasn't had a damaging effect on my life.

I was actually just looking for an opportunity to ask if we could not turn this into an anti-drug campaign.

Thanks
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Because everyone who smokes weed is a lazy stoner and never makes anything of themselves? Hmm - ask David Cameron, Tony Blair, Bill Clinton, George Bush, Barack Obama... I could go on

(Original post by Dream Weaver)
    I think you missed the joke, look at the spoiler in the op's post lol
    Ahh - I thought the picture was merely to add colour to the post

ReputationRep:

Ahh - I thought the picture was merely to add colour to the post
    nah i didnt think so. theres been several posts making jokes about it so I thought it was just a troll.

ReputationRep:
    Because everyone who smokes weed is a lazy stoner and never makes anything of themselves? Hmm - ask David Cameron, Tony Blair, Bill Clinton, George Bush, Barack Obama... I could go on
    Well I didn't say that everyone who smokes weed is a lazy stoner. And also I don't personally know David Cameron, Tony Blair, Bill CLinton, George Bush or Barack Obama. Do you?

I do have lots of people in my life called 'friends'. Generally speaking, my 'friends' who started smoking a lot of weed are the ones who either dropped out of uni or have just generally stopped putting the effort in with socializing and work. Whenever I blaze up I end up wasting the whole day playing online flash games or watching stupid videos on youtube, and binge eating whatever food is in the house.

Why are you trying to make sweeping generalisations? It's a debate and I was just giving my personal opinion based on personal experience. Why would I be prejudiced?

ReputationRep:
    Trust TSR to turn a funny picture of a cute sunflower with a cigarette in its mouth into a debate on the legalisation of drugs... :sleep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.